No announcement yet.

To each his or her own: Different-looking '64 on CL in Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of like it. It looks " chewy ?" like an old time candy.
    The skirts cover just a little TOO much of the wheel though. An easy fix to shorten them.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

I would like to drive it just to annoy the people on this forum who take every opportunity to criticize any car that is not theirs or doesn't remain exactly as built.

Comment

Pictures are one thing,but I'd like to see it in the flesh "but I think it's neat"
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It does look kind of like a Mary Jane wrapper, doesn't it?

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
          I kind of like it. It looks " chewy ?" like an old time candy.
          The skirts cover just a little TOO much of the wheel though. An easy fix to shorten them.
          Ron Dame
          '63 Champ

Comment

Yeah those. Or the "pastels ?" the bags of candy with all the assorted brightly colored licorice pieces.
            That car is growing on me. Nice color design.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Didn't Ford have a Sunliner in 56 or 57 with these colours? Someone had a lot of fun doing it.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Like it or not, one has to appreciate the time, money and effort the owner invested in his vision. I'd like to see it at a car show and spend some time with the owner. Do I like it? one might ask. I'll answer by saying that I appreciate his efforts and vision, which is what I'll say about 90% of the cars I see at shows.

Bob

Comment

I like it. That would be a head-turner wherever you took it! And it appears to have had considerable effort invested in quality work and materials.

It also helps that my favorite color is yellow

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

This reminds me of my Dad's '56 Commander 4 door (back in the late 50's)which in black and yellow took some getting used to. I give this guy the credit for producing something entirely unique and most certainly different
                    Bill

Comment

i like what the few pics show (well maybe not the long skirts so much). for close to that asking price ($8K), more pics and better narrative is needed. the engine bay should be as nice and the underbody cancer free.
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Probably attract more attention at a show than a plain old '64 Cruiser. I would call it fun!
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Definitely not the way I would have done it. ...but its not mine, and I don't have to buy it ...or sell it.
                          To each his own.

Comment

Working...
                          X