Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, NOW I understand how to replace Stude rear glass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, NOW I understand how to replace Stude rear glass...

This handy video really explains everything I needed to know!

Windshield is the same task.
    Actually most any car with rubber around the glass, windshield or backglass (as they are known in the industry).

Mike

Comment

I understand that's part of the process. Was just a little tickled by the absurdity of a 30 second video of a couple guys talking away in a completely foreign language and pounding on a window being sufficient explanation of the job!
      And I was looking into doing a backglass seal replacement on my '61 Hawk myself, but consensus among friends who've done glass replacement (on other makes) seems to be that the radical curves on this would sketch them out, and I should probably take it to the pros - especially as I've never done this before on any car.

Comment

A lot of the "pros" replacing glass now have never seen a rubber gasket. They glue the new ones in. Make sure you inquire before committing your car.

Comment

I think everybody wanted to see the NEXT video from Steele...
          Matt and Scott Goodwin, from Goodwin Restorations, remove and replace the rear window gasket on this '67 Chevy pick-up using the rope-in method. Most vehicle...

It explains the process a little better! IIRC, on Hawks (and probably others), the ss trim comes out with the window and has to be reinstalled first before the glass goes back in, which makes it more difficult.

Comment

I've done a few windows & I think the most important thing is to NOT bend the glass the way it's not curved!
            ...or you better have at least one spare.

Comment

Working...
            X