71st John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71st John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow Race

The 71st running of this event will take place at the El Dorado County fair in Placerville California on Sunday, June 21. That is Fathers Day. Studebaker owners are invited to bring their cars and display them at the fair on the race day. Placerville really celebrates "Wheelbarrow Johnny" and considers him one of their favorite sons and a pioneer of the California Gold Rush. Six SDC members from Karel Staple, San Joaquin and Sage Brush chapters attended last year and really enjoyed the day. The local museum is right on sight and has several Studebaker artifacts including an original wheelbarrow and a couple wagons. What's not to like about a county fair, having fun chatting about Studebakers and then watching a very unique and challenging race?

If you would like to join in the fun please contact me. Participation is free as is entry to the fair for all in your car. This is a great opportunity to support and promote the SDC. Bring the family and celebrate Father's day Studebaker style. If you are coming from out of town and would like lodging info please contact me. Just to be clear, you do NOT need to run in the race to participate, though you certainly can if you are up to it!

Pat
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 04-28-2015, 04:51 PM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Cool! Where do I get a Studebaker wheelbarrow,... ? (Cheap)

Dean.

Comment

Working...
    X