Need Update 465 to 31 Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Update 465 to 31 Indy

Can we turn north off 465 to 31 north? Going through there Thursday.

As of Monday evening, April 27, yes.

I did it yesterday on the way to and from babysitting my grandchildren north of that intersection. From all appearances, it should still be open many more weeks in its present configuration, since the overhead components of the new flyover interchange are nowhere near ready to go.

As you come off I-465 from the west, stay in one of the two left lanes to go north on 31. If you accidentally wind up in the right lanes, you'll go south on 31. That's not too bad, because a block south of the interchange, you can go to McAlister's Deli for a 32-ounce "glass" of the best sweet ice tea imaginable before turning around in their parking lot to go north!

Safe travels. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks I hate road construction. That's all we have around here. They never finish before they start another.

Comment

Since I drive US 31 everyday! and a Westfield Detective lives behind me, WATCH your speed in the construction zone! In Carmel, it's 45 mph, as you get north of 146th street it drops to 40 mph. The Westfield PD has "several" cars that ONLY patrol US 31. The Indiana State Police have 2 unmarked Mustangs, and 2 unmarked Dodge Ram Crew Cab pick ups! They are sneaky!! In the past 12 months, US 31 has become Westfields BIGGEST money maker for the City, County and the State!
        They like to sit on the north side of the on ramp at 161st street, you can NOT see them until it's too late.
        Fines are doubled in a construction zone, and an out of area plate, will get a ticket!
        I spoke to one officer that came in the shop, he stated that during final four weekend, "it was like shooting fish in a barrel, the Michigan folks, have good football and basketball teams, but they failed how to read speed limit signs" <G>
        From 146th street to the end of construction is only about 5 miles. then the limit becomes 60, and with the bypass around the by pass in Kokomo, it will knock off at least 30-45 minutes off the trip.

I'm lucky, to get to S. Bend, I'll pull out off of 216th st. (JUST past all the construction) and from the time I leave, I'll be in S. Bend in 2 hours.

See you all there.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
          Thanks I hate road construction. That's all we have around here. They never finish before they start another.
          sals54

Comment

What Jim said about the speed limits; I mentioned that to Milt Yoder in a PM yesterday, but forgot to mention it here. They are wickedly enforcing the speed limits is what appear to be wide-open areas that would be safe to travel at 50-55 MPH, but don't do it! If it says 40 or 45 (and it will), believe it or you will be made a believer!

Further, when you approach South Bend from the south on 31, you will have been traveling on all-new, limited-access 31 after Plymouth. No more delays through Lakeville and LaPaz, but when you near South Bend, be sure to get off at the Kern Road exit from the new road. If you don't, you'll wind up having to go 'way too far north from the Fairgrounds and will have to turn around and go back south once you can exit the new road. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X