Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resin models

I was told that someone is producing a resin 1/25 scale model of the

I was told, by a resin dealer, that someone has started to produce a resin model of the Hawk in 1/25 scale. He didn't remember who it was. Anyone here know? -Jim

Cool thing about the internet, type in your question to your favorite search engine, and normally many answers come up.
    My first quick look...turned up R&R Resin, 56 Hawk (all body parts, some chrome). I'd bet there are others.

Mike

Comment

There are three Hawk kits available:1956 Golden Hawk; 1959 Hawk and a 1962 GT Hawk.
      I am searching for the sources.
      Will get back.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

The 1956 GH is by R&R. Not great quality but serviceable if you don't mind doing some work on it and it's not a complete kit - body and interior only. The AMT 1953 Starliner is the recommended donor kit but that leaves you on your own for the engine and many other parts.

I'm not familiar with the '59 Hawk that was mentioned but it would be great to find a decent quality fin back Hawk model so I hope it's true. There is also an R&R 1957 Golden Hawk that I've seen on rare occasions but it is terrible! Don't waste your money.

The '62 GT Hawk is made by Missing Link and it's pretty good. It also requires the AMT '53 as a donor but gives you a '62 style air cleaner and maybe one or two other parts to update the engine compartment. There will still be some improvising needed to get to real accuracy.
        There have also been some really bad '62 GT's on Ebay by a no name maker. You can recognize it by the black chassis that comes with it and the fuzzy photos so you can't see how bad it is.
        There was also a GT Hawk years ago made by All American Models. The first ones had an incorrect roof angle but it was later corrected into the best GT to date. These are quite rare and usually bring pretty high prices since they haven't been made for years.

If there are any others, I'd love to hear about it. The scarcity of Hawk models is a real shame.
        Manuel J. Martinez
        Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Working...
        X