Glass and rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass and rubber

I need All the glass and rubber for my 1953 C cab. I have sent many emails with no reply. Can you guys give me a number of someone good? And cheap please? I want to get everything at once. Thanks.

Go to Studebaker International for the rubber. All the glass is straight cut. If yours are all gone, you'll need to contact the vendors and chase it..

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

1. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uhXMFQpBNardjQ
        Jim Rostron

Comment

Which leads to the question.
          Does anyone have paper patterns/templates of factory pieces of glass to provide to a local glass shop ?
          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Unlike the situation with GM reproduction parts, there is generally only one actual provider of most reproduction Studebaker parts. What that means is that the prices of any particular item will probably be very similar, since every vendor will be buying from the same supplier. I believe that Bill Fennessy's company made nearly all of the Stude reproduction rubber.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
              Which leads to the question.
              Does anyone have paper patterns/templates of factory pieces of glass to provide to a local glass shop ?
              Usually, the remains of the old window can be used as the pattern for cutting new glass. There are several suppliers of used Stude truck parts, including glass, that post regularly on the Stude Truck Talk site.

I have a complete, but broken (taped together) C-cab truck door window, complete with the attaching parts, that I could provide for use as a template.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Studebaker international has all the rubber and glass I need in a kit. A bit pricey. But comes with everything except the back glass. And those are listed everywhere. So I just have to wait a bit to sneak it all by the wife.

Comment

I used to recommend that for glass you go local because shipping added a lot of cost. But, in my area, the locals could care less if they help you and if they do you'll need a second mortgage.

I think this site was posted a while back but at $305 for clear glass for all windows it's a great buy. Tinting is available at extra cost.

That's about the cost/window the locals used to charge for tinted glass.

I didn't check into shipping but here's a start to compare what others are charging and it does seem to be available for your truck. They also have the rubber as a kit. Nothing wrong with SI, I buy a fair amount from them but it never hurts to compare

Bob

Comment

"So I just have to wait a bit to sneak it all by the wife."

I have a feeling that that will become and all too common occurrence at your house in the foreseeable future.
                    I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bob

Comment

It has just begun. Lol

Originally posted by wlfrench View Post
                        "So I just have to wait a bit to sneak it all by the wife."

I have a feeling that that will become and all too common occurrence at your house in the foreseeable future.

Comment

Working...
                        X