Buy them when you see them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy them when you see them.

A couple years ago I found a Scotsman station wagon sitting in a junkyard.
    Rough but all there.I was not looking for a project and the price was $300.00 as scrap prices were up so I passed.
    Dropped by the yard yesterday figuring with scrap down I would get a better price.
    Car was crushed.
    Reminded me once again that I/we cannot count on junkyards,backyards,barns and groves as being our storage units.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

How true. And when they are gone, they are gone. I guess there are not enough of us Studebaker lovers to save all that is left. Wish we could.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
      A couple years ago I found a Scotsman station wagon sitting in a junkyard.
      Rough but all there.I was not looking for a project and the price was $300.00 as scrap prices were up so I passed.
      Dropped by the yard yesterday figuring with scrap down I would get a better price.
      Car was crushed.
      Reminded me once again that I/we cannot count on junkyards,backyards,barns and groves as being our storage units.
      How true and even when the ones that do try and save cars and trucks along with tons of parts the day will and does come when things must go . I am in to that at this time and sitting up on my pallet rack is the 90% rust free 63 gt hawk body and doors that in a few weeks will be come something else I don't know what but something else that they do with tin and steel when scrapped. So far I have removed engines and transmissions from one set of racks and this one will be the next.
      On the 3rd of May a friend is coming in from New Zealand for a week and he is getting a much as he wants to fit into a container or maybe even 2 but thing are going away for sure at this time. I will keep a few items but not sure just yet what, I will answer all requests and questions on this subject, things will be going away cheap but at this time not all will be give away but lots will.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

It might be a pretty smart idea for some youngster to get as many objects & parts(!) as possible & store them for 30 years, all Chevy's & such will be done up many times by then but something as rare as a Studebaker object...?

Comment

Working...
        X