Exterior Color - 1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exterior Color - 1950 Champion

I just purchased a 1950 Champion. It currently is painted a flat sky blue. The interior is a dark tan or perhaps a bronz but I want to determine the vehicle's original exterior color. If it helps, the vin is G572613. Please respond to wiltoole@aol.com Thank you

If you're lucky, the color code is still stuck to the bottom of the glove box. If not, contact the Studebaker museum and get a copy of the production order for YOUR car. That'll reveal paint codes and other info regarding when your particular Stude was built.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's awfully hard to do a complete repaint without leaving a trace of the original color somewhere; under a weatherstrip or sillplate or on the underside of a floorpan above the trans. As Mr. Biggs indicated, if the tag isn't attached to the glovebox, and you can find no telltale color anywhere, the repainter did a thorough job and you will only find the original color on the build sheet from the National Museum.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

In all honesty, it's highly possible that the "flat blue" the car wears presently is the original paint that's gone dead over 57 years![xx(] They DID have a couple of shades of blue that year.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X