steeltech brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: steeltech brakes

just purchased an '83 with this front brake package installed. would like to know what calipers, pads and rotors were used, should i have to replace anything, going ahead. i believe this conversion was done around 8 years ago. thank you.
    gfperry

Too many different kits that were made up of different size rotors and so it's hard to say what you have. Best to supply some measurements.

I have 11" rotors and used mid 80's GM calipers. Some were 12" rotors and I have known of GM, Ford and Chrysler rotors being used so it's not an easy task unless you have a few numbers.

Len

Comment

Contact Dave Levesque directly.

Steeltech Solutions Inc

902 West Malden St
      Marion, IL 62959

Phone: (618) 997-4238
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

He used both 11" and 12 rotors, mostly Ford, some Chrysler as I recall.
        All of the calipers are GM. Both US and metric styles.
        Take both the rotors and pads to a parts store (old fashioned, corner store is best), they should be able to help with finding out exactly what you have.

Also...try to get a hold of Dave.

I have the small rotor with the US caliper on my 59 Lark wagon.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by arkusvt View Post
          just purchased an '83 with this front brake package installed. would like to know what calipers, pads and rotors were used, should i have to replace anything, going ahead. i believe this conversion was done around 8 years ago. thank you.
          I have the same setup on my 83. If you can't download the manual or contact Dave, let me know, I'll dig through my stuff and try to find what you need. I have it all somewhere.

Addendum - I see you posted on the AOAI Forum and it looks like Wayne posted the data you asked for.

Bob
          Last edited by sweetolbob; 04-16-2015, 05:21 AM.

Comment

thanks guys, i should be ok now.
            gfperry

Comment

not sure of the health of steeltech solutions or david levesque as any phone number i came up with, personally or business wise,in marion, ill. has been disconnected. anyone have other contact info?
              gfperry

Comment

Try this number....
                618-997-9724

not sure of the health of steeltech solutions or david levesque as any phone number i came up with, personally or business wise,in marion, ill. has been disconnected. anyone have other contact info?

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                  Try this number....
                  618-997-9724
                  disconnected or no longer in service as of one minute ago.
                  gfperry

Comment

disconnected or no longer in service as of one minute ago.
                    Probably went 'all cell phone'....
                    Don't know what to suggest...
                    You might try calling the city of Marion, and asking them.
                    He used to drive a truck for them. If he still does, maybe you can leave him a message there...

Jeff

Comment

Just me, but if you have the parts on your car and the help that's been offered in identifying them, I'm not sure how important it is to contact Dave unless you know exactly when the kit was purchased. There seems to be a major difference, particularly in rotors, depending on the time frame of the kit.

Talking to Dave may help but if I was having the trouble reaching him, I'd pull a wheel and see what I have.

This is the description as of 3/8/2007 when the PO purchased my setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan0001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1696266

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X