Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice 56J, but did not know they were going this high!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 56J, but did not know they were going this high!

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

I don't believe they really are. Check last week's Ebay and Frank Ambrogio's 56 Golden Hawk. You can buy it for $28,000 and a bit. Excellent car for a great price, but it didn't sell.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I saw that this morning and was likewise surprised. Most cars in that price range don't do very well on eBay. To get that kind of money it may have to go to one of the major auctions. Even then, that is a stretch. But then a '57 GH sold for over 140K at BJ not that long ago.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        ...But then a '57 GH sold for over 140K at BJ not that long ago.
        Yes, and as the saying goes, it only takes two who really want it. The guy who bought the '57 already has his.
        Andy
        62 GT

Comment

I've got a "trailer queen" 56J, someone wants it they can have it at HALF the price! Consistant 392+ point concours car.............. 1 of 12 painted in seaside/glenbrook green

Don't be scared of high dollar prices, Ebay sets the price (for the most part). No one wants to buy high and sell low. But .........when "I" own it...... "I" determine what the value is for me to part with it.

Everyone needs to realize that we are getting older and the younger folks do not know Studebaker. The "day" to sell and realize a profit may be near or passed.....
          It is an addiction!

Comment

Watched the video.......... so much wrong I wont even comment. BEAUTIFUL car!
            It is an addiction!

Comment

[QUOTE=Dan White;914554]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-G...3D361264312370[/QUOTAs you can see, they're not going fo r that price.

You can ask anything, makes no difference.

What they actualy sell for is what counts.

Comment

I think the Ceramic Green/Snowcap White factory paint combination looks great on this '56 Golden....It kind of reminds me of the beautiful '56 President Classic I saw at the Studebaker National Museum.

Comment

You would think for the asking price they would at least clean those incorrect whitewalls. Just sayin'.
                  JS
                  I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I am guessing that car belongs to one of our "56J Only" club members over in UK, Richard Adkins (?). If it is his, he went to great lengths to have a 56J. IIRC, the first one he bought, was destroyed in a fire in a storage facility in UK, when restoration was just getting underway. This would be the second one.

Richard is the guy who had a batch of the 56J unique, driver side, exhaust manifold adapter reproduced, exactly as original, made of cast iron.

This car is an example of how much it costs to pay professionals to restore a 56J now days. Even if it sold for the asking price, I bet he'd only break even. Unfortunately, he is probably gonna take a major loss in the sale, whether now or later.
                    Last edited by JoeHall; 04-14-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Nice car but for me to consider it there would need to be $100000 in the trunk or glove box

Comment

Some people sell things,...
                        Some people have things for sale.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                          I am guessing that car belongs to one of our "56J Only" club members over in UK, Richard Adkins (?). If it is his, he went to great lengths to have a 56J. IIRC, the first one he bought, was destroyed in a fire in a storage facility in UK, when restoration was just getting underway. This would be the second one.
                          Yep, this is his car. Frank A. and I were talking about it. Frank reminded me that this is his 3rd 56J. The first one was his grandfather's that was too far gone to restore.

I have a local friend that restores/rebuilds old cars. It's not unusual to see a total restoration bill at well over $100K. He did a full custom '39 Stude Coupe Express a few years ago for another local guy. The owner stopped counting around $200K.

Comment

That serial number plate has an awful lot of pop rivets holding it on. Which may or may not be something to be concerned about.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue 15G View Post
                              That serial number plate has an awful lot of pop rivets holding it on. Which may or may not be something to be concerned about.
                              Wow!

Paul
                              Winston-Salem, NC
                              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
                              X