original interior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• original interior.

What would be the going rate + - for an original interior for a 52 commander hardtop? I'm not quite there yet but want to get an idea what I'm in for.
    I'm in southern California so suggestions as far as who might do it are welcome too.

Thanks,

Dean.

Have you asked Southeast Studebaker what they charge? That would be a good place to start, even if your plan is to have it done locally.

My WAG is, it should not be over $3000.00 with Headliner and Carpeting.

Here is the Website:
    alpha-omegaclothingco.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, alpha-omegaclothingco.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-14-2015, 09:54 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich!
      I will contact them. I looked at their website and they list prices but it says 2012.

No mention of where they are located though.

Thank you for the info!

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
        Thanks Rich!
        I will contact them. I looked at their website and they list prices but it says 2012.

No mention of where they are located though.

Thank you for the info!

Dean.
        Every, or nearly every, issue of "Turning Wheels" has a full page advertisement for Slick Street Stuff/Southeast Studebaker. They are in Knoxville, TN. They make upholstery kits. I do not believe that they do any installations, so it doesn't matter where they are. They send you the kit and you either install it yourself or take it to a local professional for installation.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Dean, i have no first hand experience with Rene Harger and Southeast Studebaker -BUT- from what i've read, i'd order the upholstery well in advance of actually needing it (maybe a year?).

if i'm wrong, someone correct me.

there's a couple out west that are teachers and have uph, but i think they only have it for Larks & Lark-types.
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Rene does very good work, I extremely happy with the seat covers on my '52 HT and also my 64 GT...great work!
            Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Thanks to all, I'll be sure to ask about lead time for them to fill an order. Now my new concern would be finding someone with Studebaker experience and the cost of having it installed.

I don't think I would want someone learning on my car.

All things to consider. It doesn't look like it would be an easy task taking into consideration all the parts involved.

Keep the idea's coming if anyone knows of other options.
              Thanks again!!!

Dean.

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That does sound expensive, having the original fabric woven is impressive to say the least.
                  I don't think I'll go to that extreme.
                  What is the company name?

Dean.

Comment

alpha-omegaclothingco.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, alpha-omegaclothingco.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Rene's interiors are absolutely spot on perfect. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Like others have also said, he isn't fast. But when you're the only person offering a specific product...

Comment

Sent them an email today so we shall see.

I really appreciate all the input!

Dean.

Comment

Working...
                      X