The Chamberlin Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chamberlin Special

I hope this has not been put on the forum previously. I had never heard of this or seen pictures of it. I was looking through Google Images and came across it. There is a Studebaker connection.

For the whole article in Hemmings Daily go to this link: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/c...ost-and-found/
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Tell me more! Is that a set of Vette caps on the blanket?

Comment

He is looking for parts for it: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=chamberlain

Craig

Comment

Ray Evernham on Americarna (Velocity Channel) last night spent almost the entire program at Forgotten Fiberglass where there resides a plethora (they have a lot of them also) of unique fiberglass bodied cars. I can't say specifically this car was there but it's twin brother was. It is one of the best of the series and should be a watch for car nuts for any number of reasons.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by oldsalt View Post
          Tell me more! Is that a set of Vette caps on the blanket?
          Looks like they are at a race in the paddock. The vette has gone onto the track and left its wheel covers there for less weight and not having to worry about them coming off.
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
            Looks like they are at a race in the paddock. The vette has gone onto the track and left its wheel covers there for less weight and not having to worry about them coming off.
            Yes, I agree. Those were the days that you left things in the lot and were not concerned as to whether they would be there or not when you returned.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Could be wrong but, looks to have Studebaker pickup headlamp chrome rings or earlier Champion rings turned upside down.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Yes, I agree. Those were the days that you left things in the lot and were not concerned as to whether they would be there or not when you returned.
                We still do that at the SCCA autocrosses I compete in. folks leave their trucks and trailers unlocked in the paddock too.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
                  We still do that at the SCCA autocrosses I compete in. folks leave their trucks and trailers unlocked in the paddock too.
                  ...at least here in the Midwest. We used to run downtown Indy at the old 16th st speedway where it was not a very good part of town too. I suspect I used to lock my truck there as folks were pretty free to walk up to the course and watch. The atmosphere at these events in the paddock is much like in a campground where things are generally very safe too.

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                    I hope this has not been put on the forum previously. I had never heard of this or seen pictures of it. I was looking through Google Images and came across it. There is a Studebaker connection.

For the whole article in Hemmings Daily go to this link: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/c...ost-and-found/
                    Note the swamp cooler in the Olds window behind..

Comment

"Make a date with a Rocket 88"
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
                      X