Help on a paint color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on a paint color

I'm looking for a close match to a 1964 color: Moonlight Silver Metallic. Anyone know of a formula that is close? I can't take a painted piece to my paint supplier to zap with the magic paint reader, the car is still green!.

Thanks.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

There was a late 1970s Chrysler color that was extremely close. I used acrylic enamel in that color to paint my 64 Daytona about 20 years ago, and it was an almost perfect match for the original paint on the inside of the trunk. I don't have access to the old paint right now but can look it up for you later in the week if you don't get a better answer from someone else. It might still be available in a modern formulation.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
      I'm looking for a close match to a 1964 color: Moonlight Silver Metallic. Anyone know of a formula that is close? I can't take a painted piece to my paint supplier to zap with the magic paint reader, the car is still green!
      Remove the door panel and take the top hinge cover (it unscrews) to the paint shop for matching. I suspect it was never repainted under the door panels, and it would have never been subjected to light at all in the area where it was covered by the panel.

Craig

Comment

Paint Color Reference Website SBS

click here ==> http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...con=ym&rows=50

They have a great cross reference to the original formulas for Studebaker.
        Last edited by SScopelli; 07-20-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys. The link worked great!!
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

Working...