Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1962 Lark 170 3 speed...Anybody got a set of V8 Mounts for me??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 1962 Lark 170 3 speed...Anybody got a set of V8 Mounts for me??

I did it again...but found a rust free 1962 Lark 2 door, Who has a set for me....I can buy the Engine rubber mount need the frame pads...

Motor is OK but planning for when the 170 Gives up....I wanna ROAD KING as I drive my cars!!!

Hit up someone you need to get to know...Studebaker International.
    They have "motor mounts" (both the steel/iron part and the rubber). They may even have the trans. crossmember. Seems I saw some somewhere.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten View Post
      Hit up someone you need to get to know...Studebaker International.
      They have "motor mounts" (both the steel/iron part and the rubber). They may even have the trans. crossmember. Seems I saw some somewhere.

Mike
      Hey Mike, I think that the 62 V8 and L6 use the same trans crossmember unless it's a convertible. I think it's just the 63-64's that differ with the manual trans. I would like to be sure myself as I have part #1547767 in my Lark, as it was a 59 manual with six cylinder, and I believe it will work for a V8 manual. 62 sixes and eights were the same. It's only when it gets to the 63-64's that I get a bit confused as it seems to contradict. Anyone, anyone???

Len

Comment

I still have the mounts off of my 52 commander 232 are they the same?

Dean.

Comment

The '51-'52 Engine Mount Brackets have large center holes for the through bolt and Upper and Lower Ford Type Engine Mounts used on early V8's, unless you use the (4) '51-'52 Engine Mounts, anti-crush Sleeve, and LONG through Bolt you cannot use '51-'52 Engine Mount Brackets, although it is a good "High Performance Driver" update Mod.

The 1953 to '64 Sedan, Wagon and Lark V8 Brackets, are the bolt on "Normal" 6 to 8 Cyl. Upgrade Parts.

You can start collecting the Clutch Housing, Transmission, Driveshaft, Rear End, Flywheel, Clutch, Clutch & Trans. Linkages, Brakes and Front Coil Springs for the upgrade now also, if that is your plan. The 259 Engines are easy to find, and the 289's a bit harder, but out there.

That is a sharp looking '62 2 Door, I can hear it crying out: "289, 289, 289"!

Just my opinion, it's YOUR Car after all, but the FIRST thing I would do, is ditch those extra 2 Outboard Front bumper guards that almost cut the Headlights.
          Some people here would remove all 4, but I like the look of the properly mounted 2 Guards.

Parts are available at: http://studebakervendors.com
          Last edited by StudeRich; 04-06-2015, 12:15 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks guys....had a 259 in my Daytona, thinking Chev small block because I have one in the shop, a 1963 327, closed valve cover, has a period correct Edelbrock intake, and I can find a T10, or a Muncie to install in her, but a TH350 0r 200R is also a option......

Comment

Three Days later, Now it is on the BLOCK? You never mentioned that possibility.
              I guess the 259 or small block swap isn't happening.
              Sorry to see you go, but a mention here might have sold it for free.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It will not sell, just throwing it out there...also have 2 Econolines on there, Told mama I would try to sell a few....not selling any of my 7 Falcons or my 2 AMX's or my 69 Mustang GT FB, or my 56 Chev, 2 door sedan....This the issue I have, I have WAY to many toys....Oh yea....also my 1971 Pinto, 2.3L Turbo-5 speed...lol.....I did sell my Box truck and a Boat....did take the Lark to the 1st cruise in of the year did ok....but screaming for a V8

Comment

Working...
                X