Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anywone Used The Services of Seller Networks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anywone Used The Services of Seller Networks?

I was contacted this morning by someone from a company called Seller Networks regarding the Studebaker I am selling. They go by other business names including ClassicCarSellerNetwork. They are also listed with BBB under Classified Advertising Ventures out of Southern Nevada.
    They have a BBB rating of A-.
    Anyone heard of these people or done business with them? They claim they can help me sell my car over a broader online network and get more money for it. It all sounds okay, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Tradenet, Seller Networks, Tradeco Media Group, RVSellerNetwork, CycleSellerNetwork, ClassicCarSellerNetwork, EquipmentSellerNetwork, BoatSellerNetwork, Certified Auto Network - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/southern-nevada/b...7#reasonrating
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 04-04-2015, 11:39 AM. Reason: Deleted Duplicate entry
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

They have contacted me in the past when I have had cars listed. My thoughts were that if I wanted someone to sell it for me I would go to a well known Classic Car company in the area. There is something about a company that calls your based on your existing ad that yells (go elsewhere).
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Everyone's heard of ebay, and I've never heard of this company.............so I'd say you don't need them.

I guess this is why so many craigslist ads say "I don't need help selling my car".

Comment

I have purchased two cars off this site, they seem to move a lot of classic cars. Their counter shows over 600,000 views per day. When you search for a particular type of car, if there is one on their site it will show up in your search. Pay once and your ad runs till the car is sold.

Cars-On-Line.com classic car sales offers the most popular classic muscle cars, used sports cars, street rods, and classic trucks
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I bought my M5 off the cars-on-line - FWIW

Comment

I see they are still trying to sell Poulos's "X", "Money Pit", Jet Green '64 GT Hawk for $60,000.00
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

as a seller, i wouldn't go that route. when i first started occasionally "flipping" a few cars on C-List, i'd get calls like that. one was from a "service" in NV. i quickly learned how to hide my phone # from their computer programs seeking #'s from cars for sale online. (use letters to spell out some of the #'s).

now if one of these companies had something i was interested in buying, i'd take a look.

i still think yours will sell on ebay. if it doesn't, re-list and lower the starting bid price, place a reserve on her that you can live with and don't put a "Buy it Now" price in the ad.

i've used the above on ebay sales, but there are many more folks here that have more experience and probably better advice.
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thanks Kerry. That is pretty much where I am leaning.
                I did list the car first with a starting bid of $200 and the reserve at $9000.00 but the bidding quit in the upper $7000.00 range so I tried a different tack. The listing ends tomorrow. I'll know by then whether I have more work to do or she is gone. I find I am avoiding looking at her whenever I am in the garage. She needs to be gone or I need to know I have found a way to keep her. I need to quit getting emotionally attached to these machines.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Right after I put my truck on Craigslist I received a phone call from one of those companies offering to sell it for me. I did an Internet search on them and found 95% of the commenters complained about them. I sold the truck two months ago on my own but they still keep calling.
                  Rick
                  Kingman, AZ

Comment

Working...
                  X