My 63 Daytona is going on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 63 Daytona is going on the block

My last Studebaker is hitting eBay at 6PM today (Pacific time). Tell your friends, bid early and often.

It's the end of an era for me, I had a ball playing with these cars when I was able to do so and even better than the cars were the people I met through the hobby. I'm wrapping up a month long visit during which time I sold everything I had in storage against the possibility of moving back here. Thailand is my home now and when I leave on Monday it will be as a free man, unencumbered by any possessions here in the USA.

We love visitors there.

Spent most of 1966 in Thailand courtesy of US Army. Beautiful country, beautiful women, but very warm where I was stationed. Enjoy!
    American iron, real old school
    With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
    With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
    With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
    The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
    I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Here's a link to the listing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-D...m=141626596456

I've had the pleasure of riding in this car. A real sweatheart!

Have a good trip home, Pat. I'll be over to visit...when you least expect it.
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

This white one looks Ok without the side trim, but I liked the Rose Purple people eater that (Biggs) Roscomacaw did, with the stock body side trim for a Regal to the Door, and a '62 Wagon pointed tail piece on the end under the quarter window.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by pdrnec View Post
          My last Studebaker is hitting eBay at 6PM today (Pacific time). Tell your friends, bid early and often.

It's the end of an era for me, I had a ball playing with these cars when I was able to do so and even better than the cars were the people I met through the hobby. I'm wrapping up a month long visit during which time I sold everything I had in storage against the possibility of moving back here. Thailand is my home now and when I leave on Monday it will be as a free man, unencumbered by any possessions here in the USA.

We love visitors there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141626596456
          It's been fun watching your life and your adventures and I can say I admire you for your freedom to pursue your dream. I hope you can post about your new life and adventures once in a while.
          I have only been to Bangkok and would like to see more of your country and of Southeast Asia, especially Myanmar, but that probably won't happen. I see that Chang Mai is way up country and close to Myanmar (and Laos). Maybe we can vicariously experience your travels to those places.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

That's a beautiful car, Pat. I hope it does well at auction, and you in Thailand.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Visitors are always welcome in Chiang Mai, and we have some interesting pets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1696148

Comment

Yeah, that's JUST what I always wanted to do, feed a Man eater.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X