Time To Pass The Stewardship of '50 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time To Pass The Stewardship of '50 Commander

Well, with the acquisition of the '55 President State I am reluctantly having to sell the '50 Commander. No room in the garage (my wife won't let me have her parking space), and cannot afford to keep both. I have it listed on eBay and Craigslist but am hoping to sell it to someone I know loves Studebakers and will give it a good home.
    If any of you know someone looking for a car like this pass this along. I have photos and a full description.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2329.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	1746634Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2239.jpg
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	1746635Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2238.jpg
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	1746636Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2268.jpg
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1746637Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2291.jpg
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	1746638
    Last edited by Commander Eddie; 04-03-2015, 07:12 AM. Reason: Added Photos
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Put a addition off the back of your garage?
    Like me wife always says..."keep it, you'll never find another"
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Keep the ideas coming. I keep hoping something will come up that will allow me to keep this gem. Maybe I should start one of those "Go Fund Me" accounts.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

For the time being why not get one of those tent garage's. They come in different sizes. My brother got one for his car and just used some treated 4x4's around the bottom to hold it down the ground good.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          For the time being why not get one of those tent garage's. They come in different sizes. My brother got one for his car and just used some treated 4x4's around the bottom to hold it down the ground good.
          Yes, but would Eddies wife agree to park in the tent ? [grinning smiley face here]
          South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-C...89941#viTabs_0

looks good! and a no reserve auction...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

That is a beautiful car!!
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                That's what I had to do last summer when I bought my 50 Champion. I layed down some 8 mil plastic, then layed down 3/4" treated plywood that I bought used from an ice rink, then covered the plywood with clean used free carpet. It makes a nice garage. Be sure to have the plastic come up at least a foot on all sides to keep out snow and rain.Click image for larger version

Name:	Merry Christmas 2014.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1696139

Comment

If you sell it, (it will sell-it's awesome looking) hopefully it will stay in the NW so we can still enjoy it at Can Am meets!

Comment

Originally posted by BRUCESTUDE View Post
                    If you sell it, (it will sell-it's awesome looking) hopefully it will stay in the NW so we can still enjoy it at Can Am meets!
                    I am hoping the same thing. I would hate to see it just disappear, or worse, end up in the hands of someone who will tear it apart and turn it into a rat rod or something. The price I hope to get for it is well below what Hagerty says it is worth. Someone will get a deal here. If not, I'll find some way to hang on to it.
                    Ed Sallia
                    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Hi Ed, Costco has a prefab garage for just under $3000.
                      Just saying...
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Ed, any chance some good friend (or relative) of yours nearby has an open/unused garage space they wouldn't mind granting you the use of? I know if I had an extra space I wouldn't mind having a friend's cool car occupying the space.
                        sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
                        Regal Deluxe Trim
                        Automatic transmission
                        46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

Thanks for all the storage ideas guys. Those are some good ones. There is another side to this and that is the cost of having 3 Studebakers. With fuel, maintenance and insurance, plus the additional debt incurred buying the 3rd one ('55 President) it is a bit of a stretch. My wife retired in August at age 74 (it was time) so we lost her income. I do not collect Social Security until next January. If I could find a way to get through the rest of the year I'd be fine. But, alas, my budget is just too tight.
                          I would not have even bought the '55 if it were not for the fact that with automatic transmission, power steering and power windows, this is a car my wife could drive which opens up a lot of new possibilities for going long distances to shows. I'll just have to see how things shake out over the next few months. If the Commander does not sell I will certainly be looking at some of the storage/garage ideas you guys have offered up.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                          X