• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '37 President air cleaner

Does anyone know how the original Burgess Click image for larger version

Name:	37presidentreassemblyradiatorpaint 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1746614dry air cleaners for the '37 Presidents were serviced when new? I simply cannot figure out how to get it apart to restore it. The '37 rumble seat coupe featured in the March issue of Hemmings Classic Car has the same air cleaner pictured, so that's why I'm assuming that this one is original. All the different sections are crimped together with the metal securely folded over. I bought an air cleaner at Hershey last year that is the same diameter and was labeled as fitting a Buick. It has a removable cap on the mesh end so the mesh can be removed and cleaned. If I could figure out how to get the President's air cleaner apart I'd transfer the neck onto the Buick air cleaner. Thanks. tom.Click image for larger version

Name:	37presidentreassemblyradiatorpaint 004.jpg
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1746612Click image for larger version

Name:	37presidentreassemblyradiatorpaint 005.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	1746613

I'm going to bump this to ask if anyone here on the forum knows of any restoration shop or individual who could restore my original Burgess air cleaner or transfer the Burgess neck onto the Buick body? Thanks. Tom

Comment

Whatever you do, do not blast it & fill the element with abrasive!
      BTW, you should have your chrome parts by tomorrow

Comment

Tom
        I had the same problem, but squirrels had also had deposit some nuts inside. Washed it with mineral as best as I could and it seams to work OK. There is also an extra 37 oil bath filter in my parts stash if needed. Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Working...
        X