I don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it

Maybe this has already been posted here. His car, his money, but I really don't get it.

Last edited by hausdok; 03-29-2015, 02:10 AM.
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Maybe he found out the real price of a complete 53-4 front end.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Not my "cup o' tea" .
      To each their own I guess.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

A lot of work, and money, to make a good looking car ugly.

Comment

looks sorta like some-sorta Rambler. cheers I can't afford it. jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

"Chrome floor mats"...???
            Last edited by Guido; 03-29-2015, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Truly bizarre! The only time I've seen someone actually shorten the wheelbase ahead of the cowl which is one of the main appeals of the C & K body. The frontal styling looks like its trying to imitate perhaps a Jaguar or some Italian styling of the '60's.

Comment

If it had chrome bumpers, it could pass for a factory prototype!...I prefer the original, but this car is REALLY WELL DONE!

Comment

The ad says "award winning". He must get his awards out of a Cracker Jack box. He destroyed the most beautiful car ever built and turned it to something ugly. Maybe he was high on something.

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                    Maybe this has already been posted here. His car, his money, but I really don't get it.

http://medford.craigslist.org/cto/4953393323.html
                    I kinda get it...remember those old "public service" commercials...one said something like "This is your brain"...next it showed a picture of scrambling eggs and said, "This is your brain on drugs!"

Or...those commercials that showed the face of a beautiful young girl...then said, "If you use METH"...and then showed the same face, drawn, twisted, sores, and teeth falling out.

The most beautiful horse breed is the Arabian. Use its genetics to produce a hybrid mule...and it may have some Arabian characteristics...but it will forever have the face of a mule.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

If I saw this at a event the only time I would spend looking at it would be to determine what it started as
                      Owner may have some talent but not as a designer.

Comment

A face only a mother could love.

Comment

Alright, are we done insulting the car and owner? Put it this way: Would you say these things to the owner's face? What if he called and wanted to join your local chapter? Would he be welcome?
                          He certainly wouldn't feel welcome after this treatment.
                          You've shared your opinion. I've shared mine.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

There will always be cars (both custom and stock) that I don't like. I like most...but not all.

It's really not difficult to find cars that MOST people would not care for. (BTW, Studebaker built a lot of them ). Here's a few for those that have to be "one up" on someone with something...

(BTW, I can come up with plenty more if this is a good use of band width on the forum)
                            Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                              Alright, are we done insulting the car and owner? Put it this way: Would you say these things to the owner's face? What if he called and wanted to join your local chapter? Would he be welcome?
                              He certainly wouldn't feel welcome after this treatment.
                              You've shared your opinion. I've shared mine.
                              I'm with you. I've said the same thing on similar threads and I'm mostly ignored.

What's even worse is that a moderator started this one.

The car is FOR SALE. If you don't like it and it bothers you that much, buy it and change it.

Comment

Working...
                              X