It's Hell getting old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Hell getting old!

Well, I spent the day working on the Hawk. I don't get things done as fast anymore since my stroke. I get a bit sore in my back after three back surgeries, the last being a fusion, but you know any day working on a Studebaker is a GOOD one. I do LOVE driving the Hawk.
    Last edited by whitehawk759; 03-28-2015, 04:51 PM.
    Don Watson
    61 Hawk

Getting old is not for sissies! Also, getting old beats the hell out of the alternative!
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk759 View Post
      Well, I spent the day working on the Hawk. I don't get things done as fast anymore since my stroke. I get a bit sore in my back after three back surgeries, the last being a fusion, but you know any day working on a Studebaker is a GOOD one. I do LOVE driving the Hawk.
      My hat is off to you. Hope you keep on wrenchin and drivin

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk759 View Post
        There you have it, Don. Cool beans. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The day I start "getting old" will be the morning I wake up.....Think about my Studebakers, and I don't feel that "THRILL UP MY LEG"

Comment

Ya gotta get one of these for your garage . Just made this today . Seat is from a boat that sank and it is comfy ....
            And i did putz around with the car also .......

Comment

Well, I have a roll around chair but it certainly is not as fancy as yours. i will have to look into getting one like it.
              Looks good for a nap as well. :-)
              Don Watson
              61 Hawk

Comment

Spent a while on my back yesterday replacing a dash mounted radio speaker.
                Some how working under the dash isn't as easy as it used to be!
                Today I'm feeling it.
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                  Spent a while on my back yesterday replacing a dash mounted radio speaker.
                  Some how working under the dash isn't as easy as it used to be!
                  Today I'm feeling it.
                  Underdash work is one of my most dreaded tasks. I have always hated it, and as you say, it isn't getting any easier.

Comment

Getting old is the ultimate adventure sport. It's full of falls, broken bones and drugs !!!

Comment

I had my stroke 3 years ago at 48. Any day I wake up to is a good one. And as it's been pointed out, it sure beats the alternative. My mind might be slightly slower, but it's given me more incentive to get my Studes done. Parts and parts and parts...

Glad you're still with us Don.
                      Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Congrats on your efforts!
                        I know I live in fear of losing a capacity...
                        A stroke is insidious. It robs you of function.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Cool attitude Don. I wish you all the best doing what you love.
                          Bill

Comment

My father always told me "Don't get old" but I didn't listen.
                            I'd rather be driving my Studebaker!

sigpic

Comment

WlFrench My dad told me life is like a snowball going down hill and as I get older I can see what he meant. The years just seem to go faster and faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X