Can't turn back time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't turn back time...

While playing around with my computer, sipping my morning coffee, I stumbled upon a missive written about the North Wilksboro race track. It is a rather lengthy read, but captivating. Unless I missed something, there was NO STUDEBAKER content until I began reading the "comments" left by readers. That is when I came across the following....I only know of one '32 North Carolina based Studebaker, and don't recall who owns it. I used to see it frequently at the Tri-State fall meet, but don't remember if it has appeared recently. The entire story can be found at this link

NASCAR's roots are in North Wilkesboro, but the city that birthed the sport hasn't seen a race since 1996.

Hope those, so inclined, will enjoy the entire link, but for the Studebaker content, read on. If the writer of the post below is one of us, thanks for your endearing tribute to your father.

by portabar on Mar 6, 2015 | 4:13 PMP
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Thanks so much, John; that is a touching story. I started reading the long version through the link but realize I've got to get a couple other things done today first.

(I hope we find out who owned the '32.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to this article about this great old track. The article you posted here is indeed heart warming.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
      X