Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Lark winning the burn out contest!

Any Video/ U-Tube experts out there.
    I've been wanting to up load a video to U-Tube of my 63 Lark winning a burn out contest. My problem is U-Tube limits a video to 5 min or 1 mb. The video is a total of 3 min 31 seconds and 102 mb. My computer doesn't have a program to edit the video and make it smaller. The video that my 14 yr old daughter shot on the camera has a long intro from the announcer that knows us from racing the Lark at the drag strip. Some of that could be edited to save space. I'm lost when it comes to the video thing. My daughter is a whiz with pictures but not video. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gordon

While I never have quite gotten the whole burnout thing, I would like to see the video...

How about Videoegg- might they be what you need?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

While I never have quite gotten the whole burnout thing, I would like to see the video...

How about Videoegg- might they be what you need?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Hey Robert, I've never tried Videoegg. I'll check it out.

Jeff, I'm running Windows XP. I'll try there site for the movie editor. I'll give them a try tomorrow. Have to go to work.
        Gordon

Comment

Hey Robert, I've never tried Videoegg. I'll check it out.

Jeff, I'm running Windows XP. I'll try there site for the movie editor. I'll give them a try tomorrow. Have to go to work.
          Gordon

Comment

Gordon..
            Are you running Windows XP (service pack 2) ?
            If you are, you can go to their website and get Windows Movie Editor (for free) that will allow you to edit, splice, lay in soundtracks, and put in effects... Fairly easy to use, too...
            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by laughinlark

I've been wanting to up load a video to U-Tube of my 63 Lark winning a burn out contest. My problem is U-Tube limits a video to 5 min or 1 mb. The video is a total of 3 min 31 seconds and 102 mb. My computer doesn't have a program to edit the video and make it smaller. The video that my 14 yr old daughter shot on the camera has a long intro from the announcer that knows us from racing the Lark at the drag strip. Some of that could be edited to save space. I'm lost when it comes to the video thing. My daughter is a whiz with pictures but not video. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
            Gordon
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Gordon..
              Are you running Windows XP (service pack 2) ?
              If you are, you can go to their website and get Windows Movie Editor (for free) that will allow you to edit, splice, lay in soundtracks, and put in effects... Fairly easy to use, too...
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by laughinlark

Thanks,
              Gordon
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I uploaded my two videos and both were more than 1mb?? I think that
                youtube converts it, and reduced it for you?? Anyway, if you use the
                Moviemaker thats been included with windows since "ME", you can do a
                conversion to a WMV file which is considerably smaller. You might do
                an Email to youtube, and ask them what they suggest.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I uploaded my two videos and both were more than 1mb?? I think that
                  youtube converts it, and reduced it for you?? Anyway, if you use the
                  Moviemaker thats been included with windows since "ME", you can do a
                  conversion to a WMV file which is considerably smaller. You might do
                  an Email to youtube, and ask them what they suggest.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Jeff's suggestion is the best, but also VideoEgg has built in software that will allow you to shorten the video. You can load a longer video to YouTube than to VideoEgg, however.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Jeff's suggestion is the best, but also VideoEgg has built in software that will allow you to shorten the video. You can load a longer video to YouTube than to VideoEgg, however.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have a couple shareware programs that work really well, but they are
                        on my home computer, and I am at work now. Dont know the names.

Tom

Comment

I have a couple shareware programs that work really well, but they are
                          on my home computer, and I am at work now. Dont know the names.

Tom

Comment

Ok everybody,
                            I got the video up loaded to YouTube. I uploaded it through there multiple video option that allowed more space. Here is the link. I hope it works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQp-68VI-Y

Gordon

Comment

Ok everybody,
                              I got the video up loaded to YouTube. I uploaded it through there multiple video option that allowed more space. Here is the link. I hope it works. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQp-68VI-Y

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X