1951 STUDEBAKER Commander Sold on Phoenix Craiglist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 STUDEBAKER Commander Sold on Phoenix Craiglist

The 51 Starlite has been sold. Yes I wish I bought it. If the seller had sent me some interior and engine pixs as asked for I would
    have wired the money which he did not. I hope somebody from this club bought it, Im content with my restored 51 Champion for
    now. Buying U.S, cars is pricey for Canadians with our dollar only worth 75 cents (after bank exchange fees) to American dollar.
    Today March 17 oil down to $42 a barrel ..yet oil rich Canada is charging us on the west coast $5.44 for slightly larger gallon.
    Thanks to those encouraged me to buy. Im sure another 51 V8 will show up this summer maybe in Canada, Gene

Sorry you missed that one but you are right. Another will come along.
    If you want to branch out a bit, I have a 1950 Commander for sale. I have not yet listed it.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

yes, a 50/51 Commander would be nice to have! if i recall correctly, the '50 has a longer wheelbase for the Comm & Land Cruiser - if Ed's '50 was closer (and i had any $$$), i'd certainly check it out!
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

My first two Studebakers were both 1950 Commanders that I bought in 1969 in El Paso, TX. They are great cars and the only cars I drove for the 3 years I was in the Army. I got 28 MPG with my 50 Commander, and I still have both cars.

Comment

I have a very nice 51 starlite coupe commander coming my way in a week or two, body is really nice and interior has been redone, so far I don't know much about the engine but it is aV-8 and 3 speed, and will be for sale but price has not been set yet.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            I have a very nice 51 starlite coupe commander coming my way in a week or two, body is really nice and interior has been redone, so far I don't know much about the engine but it is aV-8 and 3 speed, and will be for sale but price has not been set yet.
            Thanks will wait to see what you have to offer soon.

Comment

Working...
            X