The Last Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Studebaker

49 years ago this morning, shortly after 8:00 AM, the last Studebaker came off the line at the Hamilton Ontario plant. Hamilton's Channel 11 Television recorded this piece of history noting that it occurred on St. Patrick's Day, the day all Irishmen remember. Kind of an interesting connection to South Bend and Notre Dame.

In Canada we did try always to be "The Fighting Irish" when it came to the fight to save Studebaker! If you're in South Bend today, stop by the Studebaker National Museum and say hello to this car. Don't forget to wear a piece of green.

Stu Chapman

Wow Stu, thanks for posting this. What a great bit of trivia on St. Patrick's Day to use while having an adult beverage at your local pub.

Comment

And I just realized I wore no green today except for my jacket, which I guess I will have to leave on all day. Even in my office.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        And I just realized I wore no green today except for my jacket, which I guess I will have to leave on all day. Even in my office.
        Good for you Ed. I'm joining you by wearing green all day as well, just to commemorate the Studebaker piece of history since I'm not Irish. Although there's an old saying that there are only two types of people in this world, the Irish and those who wish they were.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Happy St. PADDY's DAY to you all, Now I though this to be very appropriate, so I have included the photo that I scoffed from Face Book , Hope you enjoy.
          Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
          Good for you Ed. I'm joining you by wearing green all day as well, just to commemorate the Studebaker piece of history since I'm not Irish. Although there's an old saying that there are only two types of people in this world, the Irish and those who wish they were.

Stu Chapman
          Attached Files
          Evan Severson

Comment

Well...I'm about to trek out to the chicken coup (coupe) to gather eggs. I have two that lay "green" eggs. I saw Stu's post early this morning, and thought, certainly...someone will ask about the St. Patrick's Day last Studebaker color? Now, it is after noon...?????
            John Clary
            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Hmm... isn't Timberline Turquoise GREEN? Nice observation John!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Hmm... isn't Timberline Turquoise GREEN? Nice observation John!
                It is, kind of.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu, thanks for this terrific info. My wife and I had the pleasure of seeing the last Studebaker built at the Studebaker Nat'l Museum the last time we visited South Bend in 2012. We've been to the museum a number of times and we love every moment we've been there. It's one of the premier auto museums in the country and I'm proud to be associated with it.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X