Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25 cars to bring back (Studebaker did not make the list but was the "cover car")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 cars to bring back (Studebaker did not make the list but was the "cover car")

The "cover car" is a '31 Commander model 70. Still has some useable parts.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Mostly all late models, author must be a young guy. Hardly any on my list.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Richard why did you post something so stupid as this ? not saying your stupid but reading this was a waste of good time, whom ever did this knows nothing about cars in general, nothing much in there but a bunch scrap cars in about 15 years, just my 2 cents worth.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I cannot but feel sympathy for this poor experience deprived writer. He did hit on a few good ones, but in general, what a bunch of Disco era turkeys.
        Several of which are memorable for being trouble plagued rust buckets most noted for spending more of their time in the shop, or abandoned, than ever they did on the highways.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Richard why did you post something so stupid as this ? not saying your stupid but reading this was a waste of good time, whom ever did this knows nothing about cars in general, nothing much in there but a bunch scrap cars in about 15 years, just my 2 cents worth.
          Well, just because you don't have a '31 Commander don't get all huffy. I didn't look thru all 25 of those and didn't expect anyone else to either. I told you no Studebakers were listed. Or maybe you didn't even notice the '31 Commander?
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Our "COVER CAR" Is located on I-40 in Navajo County, Arizona. At least it was in 2010 when I took a photo of it.
            sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Well, just because you don't have a '31 Commander don't get all huffy. I didn't look thru all 25 of those and didn't expect anyone else to either. I told you no Studebakers were listed. Or maybe you didn't even notice the '31 Commander?
              Richard I did notice the cover picture and know you are really into the older Studebaker's and also all Studebaker's in general and the only thing I didn't know is that you did not look at all 25 pictures, there is a lot of other older cars I like and have owned in the past myself but this list is just pure carp and I don't think I was getting all huffy just figured it was a waste of time looking past the cover car, thanks to you there is so much very nice Studebaker items and cars posted here on the forum and when you are the person starting a new post I want to look and see, but this one was off the wall and a blind side hit, so that is why I put in my 2 cents worth. Please keep up the good work on the Studebaker related items.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

"A good solid executive sedan"...

Well, except for the left front wheel falling off.
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

LOL. My father was a bit of a social climber. When he got the chance to buy a roughed up '56 Humber Super Snipe, we were the only poor family in the neighbourhood with a British limousine. That lasted until he broke the gear shift off the steering column trying to find reverse. Those cars were much better seen through the fog of memory.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I owned 4 of these cars-Toyota Supra, Karmann Ghia, Isuzu Amigo, and Corvair. All much enjoyed vehicles, though I miss my '70 Firebird more. My "learning to drive" car was a '60 Chrysler which I dream about acquiring some day. Author implies the Ford Fairlane pictured is a retractable! Not, though its classy grill was used on our '53 custom.
                    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

What! My 1960 Morris Minor drop head didn't make the list?
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I have commented before that by 1930, cars were beginning to be built better than the roads upon which they had to travel. My list would be populated by more cars of that era than those listed here. Perhaps they would suffer greatly in terms of fuel economy and aerodynamics...but could you imagine how durable the vintage Packards, Cadillacs, Lincolns, Buicks, Studebaker Presidents and Commanders, would be if they could have spent more time on modern pavement, rather than the washboard, rutted old wagon trails of their era?

Too many of the cars on the subject list were last seen in an exchange known as "Cash for Clunkers."
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                          http://www.rantcars.com/2014/09/02/1...ional-suntimes

The "cover car" is a '31 Commander model 70. Still has some useable parts.

Anyone recognize what make front bumper was hung onto this '31 Commander?

Comment

WTF!!!!! Studebaker should be the the FIRST car to bring back!

George

Comment

Working...
                            X