Avanti II value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti II value

I am wondering what a 1974 Avanti II 4 speed in good condition is worth.
    Thanks.

Last edited by decappastubbie; 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM. Reason: Adding photographs

Need a lot more info like condition of underside, engine and drive train, body and interior. Otherwise, anywhere from $3K to $17K. Mine was $3500 in poor condition. Pictures help a lot.

Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 03-12-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Add 30% for the four speed....very rare bird indeed!

Comment

That was the last year for the 4-speed until the Blake Avantis (1984?). I have owned a 74 with 4-speed for the past ~20 years. It was all original with low mileage and no rust in the hog troughs, with a recent repaint in the original color. I think I paid $14K for it. Don't really know what it's worth today, but it might have crept up to $16K. Avanti IIs do not appreciate much. What you pay for is condition, solid undercarriage, and the features you want.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

I agree with the others.
          But for what it's worth, the Sports Car Market price guide suggests $7500 to $15000 for a #2 car.
          The most recent KBB Collector's Edition says....Fair: $5600; Good: $13900 and Excellent: $23100.
          Hope this helps.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

With no description other than "good" and four speed, I would guesstimate $10K plus or minus $2500.
            There were 126 1974s and they had 400 cid engines. I do not know how many were four speeds. The four speed is a plus to some and a minus to others.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

JMHO, but the '74 Avanti and indeed all Avanti II, are the most undervalued cars on the market.

Having said that, "condition, condition, condition." Pay a premium for the best one you can find and run away from the dogs unless one is capable of doing the repair work oneself.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

They sure make nice everyday drivers!!

Comment

As noted, the 72-76 Avanti IIs came with the Chevy 400. Although the advertised net horsepower numbers are rather low (around 200), the engine is a real torque monster, even in stock form. And there's plenty of SBC speed equipment that will fit it.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

My 76 was rated at 175 hp. With some work they can turn out more horses and torque than you need. Mine was torn down, bored .030 over, new pistons, roller cam, head work, new intake and carb, it dynoed 365 hp and 460 lbs torque. The 400 and a 4 speed would be a fun combination. Value wise, the 4 speed is very rare, but the overall condition certainly has to be looked at to determine a value.
                    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                      My 76 was rated at 175 hp. With some work they can turn out more horses and torque than you need. Mine was torn down, bored .030 over, new pistons, roller cam, head work, new intake and carb, it dynoed 365 hp and 460 lbs torque. The 400 and a 4 speed would be a fun combination. Value wise, the 4 speed is very rare, but the overall condition certainly has to be looked at to determine a value.
                      Yes, that Chevy small block '400' is quite an engine......all those cubes in a relatively light package.....an ideal engine for the Studebaker chassis!.....Studebaker engineers no doubt realized the small block Chevy (283) would be a practical swap after the South Bend foundry shut down, and there was a scramble to find an engine to replace the excellent (but no longer available ) Studebaker V8.

Comment

Thanks to all who responded, it may be a purchase or pass along to an interested party.

Comment

Thanks Jack

Comment

Thank you JBOLE

Comment

The most asked question in the collector car hobby "what is my car worth ?" The "right car" at the "right time " and the "right buyer "= the best price.
                              Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Working...
                              X