It's Getting Serious!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Getting Serious!!!

OK, the summer is around the corner. I'm looking for good, solid 2-dr hartop Daytona frame. I'm hoping to locate one within a days drive from Detroit (600 or 700 miles). I get no paid vacation until August. I need to make this a weekend trip. Looking to pay $300-$400 (that's fair, isn't it?). Let me know what you have...
    Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Tom, you might contact Richard Poe in Nashville IN. He parted out a 1964 Daytona hardtop several years ago to get pieces for his 1964 Green Monster hot rod project; the Challenger 2-door seen several places in the March Turning Wheels. The car he parted wasn't a terrible rust bucket; I saw it before he parted it but don't blame him for doing so.

I don't know if he saved the frame, but it is within your driving range if he still has it and wants to sell it. I simply don't know. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, can you PM Richard's number?

Any other suggestions? Anyone else want to cleanup their yard? :-)
      Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
        .......Any other suggestions?.......
        You can always build one.......
        http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...9-Lark-Project
        Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

Originally posted by Swifster View Post
          Bob, can you PM Richard's number?
          PM sent. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bump...To the top.
            Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Might try Myer's.

Comment

I will. Also E&V in KS. How about parts cars...?
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Tom-
                  I have a 64 Daytona hardtop parts car, and I am (barely) within your mileage limit. But the car is complete, and there are some major items (drive train including rear axle, brake parts, steering column, glass) that I haven't had time to remove. You can have the frame (with or without the sheet metal and dog house) for nothing -- if you do much of the work disassembling the car. Probably a deal you can refuse, but I thought I'd let you know. It even has a clear title.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Skip, I'd be interested. But are you looking at selling as is? Or are you going to pull what you need off of it first?
                    Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

I would be willing to sell it, but only after I have removed the items I'd like to save as spares for my 64 hardtop. And right now, there about a dozen major projects ahead of it in line -- which is why I made the offer the way I did. And it's worth noting that once the rear axle and front brakes have been removed, it would no longer be an easy-to-move roller. And it would not make any sense to sell it as is and then pay to have things like an axle and engine shipped back. If you want, you can keep searching elsewhere and keep this one as a last resort -- it's not going anywhere.
                      Skip Lackie

Comment

The last time I was over at Karkewich's he had many frames, but he scrapped them and are now melted down to make Toyotas.
                        I got a nice one from Bob Peterson . He used to haul a bunch to the May meet in South Bend.
                        Robert Kapteyn
                        Last edited by rkapteyn; 03-16-2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I just talked to both Bob Peterson and Tom Karkevich and both have scrapped their frames.
                          Bob Peterson said that he will not be coming this year to SB,

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                            The last time I was over at Karkewich's he had many frames, but he scrapped them and are now melted down to make Toyotas.
                            I got a nice one from Bob Peterson . He used to haul a bunch to the May meet in South Bend.
                            Robert Kapteyn
                            If you look at the most US made cars, it happens to be Ford F150 first followed by a bunch of Toyotas..

Some Toyotas made right in Indiana!

Comment

Nowadays, the Studes probably make Chinese Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Dishwashers, Classic Car Parts and a few Stude. Parts!
                              Or Korean Hyundai or Kia vehicles.

Most all exported to? You know where.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                              X