Overdrive Electrical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Overdrive Electrical

Trying to get all systems functional before I launch my 61 Champ. It six w/od. When I started on the trans harness I discovered a fried wire and the kickdown hadn't been fused. I've replaced the solenoid with a tested one, just installed an NOS kd switch, and an NOS harness. Solenoid is 3 post . O/d cable was pulled out so when it fried it was taken out of o/d. (I didn't do it, just sayin) Question is; would the governor have been damaged in the process of shorting out? I have an NOS gov. but marked for 59/60 six and 61/62 V8. Wouldn't think there'd be any difference.
    Thanks you in advance,
    Kim

Kim:
    I doubt the governor was damaged, but you can take it off and spin it with a drill and test with a VOM to see if the points close. Easy test.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Thanks Howard

Comment

Howard,
        Again thank you again. Took the truck for it's maiden drive with most sytems workin, first time was without brakes, and overdrive works perfectly and cruises easily at 60/65. That's about as fast as it needs to go. So, I appreciate your encouragement,
        Kim

Comment

Glad I was able to help Kim. Enjoy the truck!
          Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
          '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
          '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
          '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
          X