Seat Springs for Hawk Bucket Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Springs for Hawk Bucket Seats

Does anyone know a source for the "zig-zag" springs used in the bottom of the Hawk bucket seats. I know zig-zag spring material can be purchased in bulk rolls, I just don't know how many different types (wire size, pattern spacing, etc) are out there. I was hoping someone had already done the leg work to find a part number of spring material that is correct.

I stripped the ugly plain black home-made covers off of my seats this weekend. To my surprise, the original covers were still on the seats. Even bigger surprise was that the original seat covers were exactly the colors I had picked out to have made by Southeast Studebaker. If the originals were in better shape they would have matched the car perfectly.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

You must have non Stude seats, as the stock seats used coil springs.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I think these are original. The recliner mechanism is all correct, the slides are correct with the offset feet on the inside to mount on that plate that gets bolted to the floor. The original covers that I found on them had the little hawk emblem pattern in the material of the center part of the seat.

These are buckets, not bench seats. The back seats are all coil springs and the back of the buckets are coil springs.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Try these.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Studebaker sold accessory seat spring kits to reinforce the seats for heavier drivers.
          These were the zig zag type.
          Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Working...
          X