View Full Version : What is this part called - driveshaft hangers? 57GH

03-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Hello together,

I need two more of those hangers which connect to the driveshaft. Please see attached photos where they are located.

I would really appreciate to know how these are called, I will need 4 of those (for two-piece driveshaft). I just can't seem to find those in the S.I. catalog. :confused:

Thank you very much and have a nice Sunday.



03-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Rudy, it is called a Universal Joint Cross Bearing Clip, Part #187425.

You're right; Studebaker International doesn't show them in their catalog, but they are so common I wouldn't hesitate to call them and double-check they don't have them even if they are not in the catalog.

And if they don't they shouldn't be difficult to find. :) BP

03-08-2015, 01:51 PM
And if they don't they shouldn't be difficult to find. :) BP

Agreeing with BP, My guess is that there are any number of Jeeps and other 4X4's in your area so there should be a parts house that handles those U-bolts. They usually are described by bolt diameter and u-joint OD (ID in the case of the U-bolts you have).


dean pearson
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
And be sure to take your wallet. Those little bugger's aren't cheap!
I had to buy a set at the shop where I had my nine inch narrowed at and it was amazing what two little u bolts cost.


03-09-2015, 07:34 AM

Thank you for your rapid answers. I will try to get them.


03-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Not being familiar with shops or stores in your part of the world...may I suggest this? If you have a store where farm implements are sold, try them. Take one of your u-bolts to them and see if you can match it. Folks who use tractors and PTO driven implements, are rough on the drive shafts that operate tractor mounted implements. They usually have lots of these available at a reasonable price.

03-09-2015, 07:52 AM
Hello John. Might also be a good idea. I have a friend who is into old tractors, I may also ask him about those.

Thank you.


03-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Any brand of universal joint - TRW, Moog, Precision, etc. will have these listed in their catalog. Quite common and readily available.

03-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Napa has them in stock. About five bucks a pair.

03-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Sometimes called Universal Joint "U" bolts also. Any supplier of Spicer "U" joints even in Europe should have them. Run from $5.00 US to $15.00 US a pair.