Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the archives #149 (M Series milk truck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the archives #149 (M Series milk truck)

In 1941 William Colteryahn wanted the snazziest looking milk truck in Pittsburgh, PA so bought a new Studebaker M15 and had a special body built. Would be nice to see it in color. The Dayton wheels and caps were unique to the 1941-42 models and are quite rare.

Click image for larger version

Name:	m series milk truck copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1746452
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

I wonder if it was Mr. Colteryahn or his sons that was the driving force behind the purchase of this truck?

Comment

there was a milk truck at the '06 National Meet in Omaha..I've got a picture of the side of it from across the parking lot..Unable to tell if it is an M series. (Sorry picture really not worth posting, maybe someone has a better shot of it.)
      sigpic

Comment

Here's that milk truck from the Omaha meet...

It was a beautiful truck. However, the Dayton wheels shown in Richard's picture are to die for!
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yep, same truck I saw in 2008: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=frogs

Craig

Comment

There's an M milk truck for sale near me. It has no floor but otherwise complete. If interested I could get some pics when the snow is gone but last time I spoke to the owner he was dreaming on the price.
            Rob in PA.

Comment

I have to confess that it brings to mind the ol' Divco milk truck we converted to a floor-cleaners' vehicle when I was moonlighting at a couple part-time jobs while an undergrad. I'd not thought of that thing for decades!!! Thanks for the (inadvertent) memories!!!

Comment

Milk Truck . ! . . Was doing some digging last year and had to work around this abandoned heap ..........

Comment

Working...
                X