Nice weather on Vancouver Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice weather on Vancouver Island

We' ve been on Vancouver Island for about a week now based out of Sidney. Where are the Studebaker's hiding? We are heading up-lsland tomorrow for the weekend. I wonder if we will see a Studebaker in this Spring weather.

Allen
    1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Maybe you need to come over the border! We got' em over here!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, you missed 4 Studebakers on Sunday as that was our March meeting and we were driving around the western part of Victoria. Where up island are you going? Although our Chapter covers the whole island, most members are located between Victoria and Nanaimo. I wish I'd known you were coming, we would have made you feel welcome!
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Mark since you live in Duncan , do you know anybody by the name of Bob Francis, as we went to school together at Cowichen High in Duncan grade 8 , 9, 10 then I moved back to the mainland. Now I know that's a long time ago as I lived in Duncan in 1952-- 56, But I have tried to contact Bob ever since He was my buddy in those school years. Sure would be nice to hear about him again.
        Evan Severson

Comment

Originally posted by 57studesilverhawk View Post
          Mark since you live in Duncan , do you know anybody by the name of Bob Francis, as we went to school together at Cowichen High in Duncan grade 8 , 9, 10 then I moved back to the mainland. Now I know that's a long time ago as I lived in Duncan in 1952-- 56, But I have tried to contact Bob ever since He was my buddy in those school years. Sure would be nice to hear about him again.

I don't recognize the name and I did not move here until 1998, so I think there's a gap in time! I'll check with a couple of members who have been here much longer than I and let you know if I hear anything.

Will we see you at the Northwest Overdrive? or perhaps the Pacific Can-Am Zone Meet?
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

I would like to but , I have cut way back. Plan on going to the Annual in Aug, but have to let things play out at this point. 75 and sore, need new parts , spine ,knee, shoulder, the list goes on. winter does not help.
            Evan Severson

Comment

Mark sorry I missed our Ontario friend. I will have to join the B.C Chaper. Im the only one in Nanaimo. B.C. with a fully restored 1951 Studebaker Champion
              4 door which I drive in the winter on Sunny days. There is another 51 Champion (my former Stude) Im trying to find. The last owner lived in Chemainus.
              GeneClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC01321.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1695857

Comment

Hi Gene - I posted a reply and invitation to you in your other post. Hope to chat with you soon!
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

I visited there some years ago and loved it. What a great place to have a Studie - you can drive it all year long!
                  peter lee

Comment

Working...
                  X