Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member... Barn find Sunday... Possible dictator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member... Barn find Sunday... Possible dictator??

Good morning,
    I am new to these forums but not new to forums in general. Some friends of mine and I went on a barn find adventure Sunday March 1st. A friend of a friend put dozens of vintage vehicles in a barn 50 years ago and pretty much walked away. Attached is one of the findings, i believe it to be a 1929 Dictator. I would imagine someone on here can confirm. The car is in remarkable condition considering it's age, all the parts are there.

Thanks for your help

All the best
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JRE77; 03-04-2015, 07:26 AM.

I have no idea what model it is, but that is a nice looking coupe.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

welcome to the forum. that is a sweet coupe indeed...git 'er running and leave it as a survivor and drive it! cheers, junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

That is a 1927 Dictator model EU, body style Q (2 passenger coupe). Possibly Q1 because of the golf bag door. There should be a tag under the hood on the passenger's side of the firewall which will have EU-Q (or Q1) and a number on it. The number is an assembly line sequence number, it is not a serial number, nor is it model specific. The serial number plate is on the left side frame rail behind the front wheel.

Terry

Comment

Thanks for the specifics Terry

Comment

I'll add my welcome to the Forum. As you can already see, this is the place for information on Studebakers.
            Based solely on the 2 photos you posted I would say jump on this car. It is a find.
            Next, join Studebaker Driver's International and your local chapter.
            I agree with Junior, get her running and stopping and then enjoy driving it.
            Ed Sallia
            Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Welcome To The World of Studebakers. They are addicting though.
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

?Nice find. So what else was in there? What will be the fate of these vehicles?
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
                  Welcome To The World of Studebakers. They are addicting though.
                  Boy!...isn't that the truth.
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                    ?Nice find. So what else was in there? What will be the fate of these vehicles?
                    It is not clear yet what the future holds for these vehicles since we have just scratched the surface. I have attached a few more pics from the find. Everything from Model T's, 1918 Buick Auburn, Crosley Hot Shot, Triumph bike, Nash Metro's, Willy's Jeep and many more.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by JRE77; 03-04-2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Nice looking vehicle, is this where the car was found? I am asking as the materials in the wall in front of the car don't appear to be half a century old.

Comment

Honestly i'm not sure... The roof, siding, barn doors etc.. have obviously had some TLC. If you look at all the flattened tires (I have more pics of them) it appears the cars have been on this pad for quite some time. I am going to get more info as this was just something fun to do on a snowy day in Ohio

Comment

That Studebaker sports a "historic" license plate. Based on it's condition and relative cleanliness, it may have been the most recently driven of the bunch.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Interested

Hello I may be interested in one or more of those cars is they become available. I just bout a 29 & a 30 dictators coupe last year. Your car looks exactly like my 29 down to the steel disk wheels and golf door. Please keep me posted. Thanks
                            John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

That Model T radiator with the Peerless logo is an interesting bit of history. In that period, Peerless was still a prestige car on par with Packard and Pierce-Arrow.......perhaps the Model T owner was trying to give his plebeian jitney a bit of cache?

Comment

Working...
                              X