64 gt parts car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 gt parts car

This might not be a bad deal for someone needing 64 GT body parts. Not mine,http://waco.craigslist.org/pts/4906519656.html

Wow! Got to be some gut wrenching "back-story" to this. Many of us, can identify with the scene here. Many hours of careful work, huge investment in floor space, tools, anticipation, dreams, and effort. Hard to imagine someone parting with such a project at this stage, without some huge life altering situation. Not sure I'd really want to know the story, but, looking at the pictures, someone could possibly get a great project, much further along the path of restoration, that otherwise possible.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

That car should be restored; not parted out. Something tells me the engine was left at a local rebuilders for work and never followed up on. Might be worth tracking down and reuniting with the car, if possible.

Craig

Comment

Hey Barry (TxRebel) you out there? Check this car out.

Mark

Comment

Looks like a great buy! How would you match the body color to the painted panels? At that price and condition it needs to go back together.

Comment

Hi, Mark,
            I wish I had known about it over the weekend. I drove right through there on way home from the Sweethearts & Orphans Car show in Granbury on Saturday, though my trailer was already loaded with a 58 Packard parts car I was hauling home. If I took the time & money now to grab that Hawk, I would not make it to York, especially since I just bought a '55 K body & a pile of parts here yesterday.

Comment

Day late and a dollar short Barry, I bet one of our Texas members will see this thread and jump on this one.

Mark

Comment

"I bet one of our Texas members will see this thread and jump on this one."

WOW, indeed!

Comment

Me thinks there might be a woman in the back ground causng a fire sale ! I would be willing to cause a divorce threat for that deal, if I had the money

Comment

You guys kill me. I had a 62 GT in similar shape for sale last summer for nearly the same price and had very little interest. I realize that it isn't as nice as this car or as desirable as a 64, but still.

Comment

But a '64 is a '64! The end of the line! <G>

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                        But a '64 is a '64! The end of the line! <G>
                        And, just try to find a 64 trunk lid!

Comment

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
                          You guys kill me. I had a 62 GT in similar shape for sale last summer for nearly the same price and had very little interest. I realize that it isn't as nice as this car or as desirable as a 64, but still.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-in-Minnesota
                          You're dead on. This forum is one of the worst places to try to sell something. Most of the time, all you hear is what should happen, or that someone else should do something about it, but rarely will you find somebody to step up and take a deal like this because it requires a local purchase. We've had these discussions before. This one sounds almost too good to be true. Looks like a parts car to me. The labor to put this thing back together would be monumental, not to mention how many misc pieces and parts have been lost. I mean, fer cryin out loud, if he lost the engine and trans, what else is missing in action. And the finished product would be tough to sell without the numbers matching engine anyway. Someone local could easily triple their money on these parts, but I would bet that no one from the forum will be the one to take the money and run. I've parted out dozens of these kinds of cars with great success. Hopeless cases, where many other cars were saved as a result of the parts stash being offered.
                          What about it Texas guys? Anyone in?
                          sals54

Comment

Originally posted by JEWELL View Post
                            Day late and a dollar short Barry, I bet one of our Texas members will see this thread and jump on this one.

Mark
                            Don Davenport, the owner, is one of my customers. I do not know why he is dumping it, but I have all of the parts to put it together. I sold him a replacement A pillar, as the car was hit hard on the rt side at one time & was not properly fixed. The chrome plated grill, tail lights & bumpers are worth close to the asking price. As of 7 p.m. today 2/25, it is still available.
                            Last edited by TX Rebel; 02-25-2015, 05:36 PM. Reason: mo info

Comment

Working...
                            X