53 coupe arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 coupe arrives!

Good, you can part it next the other C-K to keep it company while it waits for your attention. (Reverse psychology to drive Bob to make me apologize by getting back to work on the first one, this one or the wagon or something) I'll look for restoration updates to humiliate me for my rude comments.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54,758.75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Good, you can part it next the other C-K to keep it company while it waits for your attention. (Reverse psychology to drive Bob to make me apologize by getting back to work on the first one, this one or the wagon or something) I'll look for restoration updates to humiliate me for my rude comments.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54,758.75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

53 coupe arrives!

Well, my latest acquisition rode into my drive awhile ago. It's a bit rougher than I imagined, but it IS a 53 Regal Starlight coupe. Even tho it came outta Los Angeles, it's a South Bend built car.
      I stuck a battery in it, engine fired right up (Champion) and the old Studebaker automatic pulled us right on down the road.
      Weatherstripping's just about non-existant, so the doors rattled quite a bit as did the broken windows inside the doors.
      Brakes work but pull to the right a bit. I'm gonna clean it up, best I can and see if I can find a home for it.
      Front floors need metal. Rear and trunk look fine. I'll post a few more photos tomorrow.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice try No, this thing's gotta GO. Little bit a this, little bit of that, it'll be on the "bay" in no time.

I WILL listen to offers if someone wants a coupe. I have a figure in mind that would have to be met to let it leave before taking a run on ebay.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice try No, this thing's gotta GO. Little bit a this, little bit of that, it'll be on the "bay" in no time.

I WILL listen to offers if someone wants a coupe. I have a figure in mind that would have to be met to let it leave before taking a run on ebay.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I knew my tough love might not work.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54,758.75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I knew my tough love might not work.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54,758.75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,439.30
              63 Lark 2 door
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well, my latest acquisition rode into my drive awhile ago.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

[:0] Gee, Bob; is that a commercial car hauler...or did you recently part with some Studebaker profits and buy your own roll-off? [}] BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Well, my latest acquisition rode into my drive awhile ago.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

[:0] Gee, Bob; is that a commercial car hauler...or did you recently part with some Studebaker profits and buy your own roll-off? [}] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                    Bob,

Just a small correction, a roll off is equipped to haul the 20 - 30 yard dumpsters (or "cans" as they are called in the trade) that you see at construction sites for all the debris. However, a rollback is the common term for a flatbed wrecker.

Gary (the proud owner of a 1989 IH rollback with 22' Jerr Dan body)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
                      Bob,

Just a small correction, a roll off is equipped to haul the 20 - 30 yard dumpsters (or "cans" as they are called in the trade) that you see at construction sites for all the debris. However, a rollback is the common term for a flatbed wrecker.

Gary (the proud owner of a 1989 IH rollback with 22' Jerr Dan body)

Comment

'Must be a regional thing, Gary; around here they are called roll-offs.
                        The thing that sticks out back and carries another car with the rear two wheels down; is that called a stinger in VA? [:0] BP

Comment

'Must be a regional thing, Gary; around here they are called roll-offs.
                          The thing that sticks out back and carries another car with the rear two wheels down; is that called a stinger in VA? [:0] BP

Comment

Mine is a 93 Ford F350 rollback, 7.3 diesel, Jer-Dann aluminum body with, yes, a stinger.

Junk Fords- only 346,000 miles and it already has one tired cylinder......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Mine is a 93 Ford F350 rollback, 7.3 diesel, Jer-Dann aluminum body with, yes, a stinger.

Junk Fords- only 346,000 miles and it already has one tired cylinder......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X