Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was your car built, sold. If you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was your car built, sold. If you know?

I'll start with a couple of mine.

1951 Champion Business Coupe, Made South Bend In. sold Morrilton Ar.

1964 Commander 2 dr V-8, made South BendIn. sold Climax Mi.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

My '59 Scotsman pickup was South Bend built, and sold new in Waycross, GA. In 1960, it was traded in at the Buick dealer in Hazlehurst, GA, about 50 miles from Waycross. It's been in Hazlehurst ever since.

But, it will likely be coming to Florida soon. It's been sitting and returning to nature for long enough.

Comment

Current cars:

1964 Daytona Wagonaire- built at Hamilton, sold (to me) at Olathe, Kansas.

1964 Avanti R-1- built in South Bend, sold in Chicago, Illinois

Previously owned:

1961 Cruiser, built in South Bend, sold (to me) in Wichita, Kansas

1953 Commander Starliner, sold in December after 48 years ownership- built in Vernon, California, delivered to (sold?) Gilroy, California
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

1951 Champion built South Bend sold Quality Motors Tulsa, Ok
        1949 2R South Bend Quality Motors Tulsa, Ok.

Comment

My 1961 Lark VI Deluxe two door sedan was built in South Bend and was shipped to Fall River, Mass. It didn't go too far because I bought her from a used car dealer in Tiverton, R.I., which is the next town (and State) over!

Comment

My 1955 President Speedster (The Doctor's Car) was built during the last week of '55 South Bend production, then shipped to a Newburyport, Massachusetts Studebaker dealer where it was prepped and delivered to a local doctor who had 'special ordered' it.
            Attached Files

Comment

My 1957 Packard wagon was built in South Bend Indiana.
              Sold new Joplin Mo. I found it in a Pa. Junk yard.
              My 1965 Wagonaire was built in Hamilton Ontario, sold in Denver Co.
              I bought it in Ocala Florida.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

My blue & white 56J was a SB car, shipped to Lincoln, NE on 3/16/1956. I bought it 1986, in Hastings, NE, where it sat in a large, former Air Force building since the late 1960s. I spent several hours prepping the car for a 1700 mile trip back to SoCal, by tow-bar, behind my 62GT; I still own both cars today. Apparently, the 56J came off the road before Nebraska started using salt, since rust was minimal.

The PO was a long time SDC member but kept a low profile. He also had an odd looking Hawk, he'd bought several years prior, from a local farmer. I took several pix, but have lost them. Still vivid in memory, is the body tag; shaped & stamped as usual, it simply said, "SHOW JOB" without numbers or other designation.

I have since learned the odd car was the "Hurley Hawk", born in S-P's engineering division in SB, in 1958, and eventually sent to NE. Other than a historical article in TW, it was off the radar till recently. I told Ed Reynolds about the car in the late 1980s; he began to pursue it, and has kept me apprised ever since. A few years ago, Ed helped someone acquire the Hurley, who plans to restore it.
                Last edited by JoeHall; 02-22-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

58 Scotsman 4dr built in Hamilton, no records available, so don't know where it landed, but has spent nearly all its life in the southwest
                  60 Lark 2dr sedan built in SB, sold in SoCal.
                  sigpic
                  JohnP, driving & reviving
                  60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

64 gt hawk South Bend build date Dec 18 1963 Sold new in St cloud MN. I am owner number 6. still in MN rust and all.

Comment

64 GT Hawk built in South Bend sold in Kitchener ON, 1950 Champion built in Hamilton sold to Washago ON , 58 Commander built in South Bend now in Burlington ON, 31 Dictator Built in South Bend bought in Cape Breton NS now in Burlington ON.

Comment

1953 Commander built in South Bend sold in Neshanic, NJ and it has never been more than 20 miles from there.

Comment

I thought I responded to this... Oh well.

1964 Daytona - Built in South Bend and sold in Sacramento, CA

1964 Commander - Built in Hamilton, On. and sold in Sanford, FL
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

SN, I have a doctors car, special too. 1953 K. Made in South Bend and sold in Arcadia CA. The only thing special I could find on it was a spot light, that was used to find addresses when going on house calls. First thing I removed when I got it.

Comment

51 commander 4 door made in South Bend sold in Peoria Ill

Comment

Working...
                              X