It -10 here and the Studebaker is in the garage waiting for spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It -10 here and the Studebaker is in the garage waiting for spring

Its too cold to work on the Studebaker. I know its colder other places but -10 enough for me here. One more month and it will be over I hope. What a winter. To work out side got to be very bad. What new with you fellows? Wife made potato soup today which hers can't be beat. All I can say is stay warm and its got to get better.

Ken,
    I'm ashamed to say the temperature here in North West Oregon has been above normal (50s - low 60s) with night temps above freezing. We have seen no snow in the valley so far this year which is unusual. Skiing on Mt. Hood is poor in the lower elevations and below normal snow accumulations in the higher elevations.
    I have been watching the weather back east and really feel bad for all of you. I talked to my sister in New York the other day and she refused to make a big deal out of it. Typical New Yorker - faagitaboutit.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Yea...sorry to report that it's currently 61F (at 09:20) and still rising here in Manhatten Beach.
      My (one of) two driver Studes (59, 2dr. wagon and my 54 sedan, "running parts car") get driven almost daily...still...even in our 61 degree temperatures.

Mike

Comment

Home made potato soup! Now you've done it. I'm hungry.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

It was 0 this morning here in Easton Pennsylvania and both the Lark and Mercedes SL have been under wraps for a month now . Had them both running last week but they need a good drive.

Comment

It's going to warm up to +20 today (so they say), so I'll use my original Cub Cadet to plow some more snow. Strange that Cub Cadet started about the same time Studebaker in South Bend closed. Anyway I keep a path cleared to the Studebaker garage so it will be ready to drive when the rain washes away the layers of road salt.

Comment

My brother, in Connecticut, and I have been trading pictures via texts. He shows me his dash thermometer at -2, while I was showing him pix of blossoming trees on the last day of January. We've been enjoying a steady diet of 70* weather here in No California. But then again, we have to put up with the gigantic tax burden, psychotic traffic, horrific never ending road construction, rising unemployment, government overreach, Moonbeam as Governor again, etc. So, please don't give us too much grief over enjoying nice weather.
              sals54

Comment

sals54 You forgot one thing. When I turn on my faucet I get my own water and can wash my cars anytime I want. Two weeks to York and todays temps this morning was around 0 with more snow tomorrow. Personally you couldn't pay me enough to move to Ca. Jerry Kurtz York Pa.

Comment

San Francisco 63 F and sunny.
                  I'll box some up and send it to you in exchange for a couple tons of fresh powder out here.
                  Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

Working...
                  X