Steering wheel puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel puller

I need to borrow one for my 63 Avanti...anyone know if a standard one (one I can buy or borrow at a auto parts store) will work?
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

See this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...uller+steering . I think the pullers talked about here (and I finally used the SI unit - modified) work on any Studebaker from at least 1959 to the end. I think that includes Avantis.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

The puller from SI worked great on my '53 where "standard" ones would not because the bolts couldn't be moved close enough to each other.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

I have made my own using a short piece of angle (or channel) iron. Merely tap a pretty good sized hole in the middle and drill two outer holes to line up with the holes provided in the steering wheel. If the steering wheel has three "puller holes" one must be a bit more resorseful, but I have welded those up also. (CASO, you know.).

Comment

Working...
        X