No announcement yet.

Anyone have .060" over 232" V8 pistons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have .060" over 232" V8 pistons?

A customer is insisting on reusing his original 232" block and I don't have any .060" over pistons for it.

PM me with any and all 232" piston options. Worse comes to worse, I could sleeve it.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Went through that a few years ago. Only suggestion I got was bore to 259 from Phil Harris. Owner picked up a 259 and went from there.

Comment

Check with Lester Harris in Minden, Nv. He'll be home Tues. or Wed. this week. 775-259-2667

Comment

It would seem that the easiest way is to bore it to 3 9/16, Std. 259 and use those Pistons, if the small chamber Heads and head Gasket would be compatible. I am sure it must have been none before?
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          It would seem that the easiest way is to bore it to 3 9/16, Std. 259 and use those Pistons, if the small chamber Heads and head Gasket would be compatible. I am sure it must have been none before?
          Yes, Rich, many have done it successfully. However, I've had a run of internally rusty blocks. Two Studes and a Packard have sonic tested too thin at the bottom for bores which normally would be no problem.

It's gotten to be such a PITA, I'm making a device to hold my sonic tester probe so I can more rapidly test and write the results of each bore.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X