Newbie needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help

Hi guys, jus got myself two Studebakers, a 1951 Champion and a 1955 Truck that was once Prostreet but now has the tubs removed and a standard 9" axle fitted. Unfortunately some twit has crushed the front end on the truck ! Could anyone help with a replacement grill or know where I could get one ? Thanx guys, Al

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1695467Click image for larger version

Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1695468

Comment

If you don't find the front end parts, I have seen some good bodymen that can repair that damage. A guy named FLOP on the Model A website does fantastic work, and has lots of pictures showing how he does the repairs.

Comment

Welcome and let's see more photos.

That grill appears to be a '55. The '54 and '56 are close enough to work. Put a WTB here and over on the two Stude truck sites. Packing and shipping something that large is a PITA.

My body guy would take it as a challenge to straighten that one.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Trucks got a 403ci motor, auto, and the champ got a six pot with OD. My body guy could straighten it but itsahell of a job as the grill is also the cross section under the hood. Would prefer to get a secondhand one if possible. Al

Truck at my cousins in OKC before I had it shipped to the UK at Xmas

Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1695469Click image for larger version

Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	1695470

Comment

Very nice pair.

Packing and shipping something that large is a PITA
            Packing and shipping a grill to the UK is an expensive PITA, but maybe your best tradeoff.

FWIW, if you think you may want to run bumpers, have a front bumper and gravel shield shipped at the same time. The fronts are easy to find, but rears are unobtanium. I modify a repop '66-69 Ford Bronco bumper and it looks better than the original rear.

Name:	PICT0004.JPG
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	1695475

Name:	PICT0002.JPG
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1695474

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

That rear looks good Jack

Comment

The same grille was used in 54 and 55. The 56 grille will fit, but has holes cut in it for larger parking lights. And the 56 parking lights themselves are very hard to find. These grilles do come up on ebay now and then -- I would keep a watch out there.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

I have but like Jack stated large price tag on packaging and mailing.....mine is in California, to bad you didn't need it 6 months ago as I sent 8 cars to the UK.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Hi Al, nice truck. Try Greg Diffen in the UK, editor of Stude Drivers Club UK magazine who owns several studes. He may be able to assist at the UK end, and save you some freight. He is a member here too - site name is go-studebaker Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X