2016 Keystone Raffle Car, '55 President State Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Keystone Raffle Car, '55 President State Coupe

With no more chances available on the Land Cruiser, the 2016 Raffle offering is a gorgeous '55 President State Coupe with matching numbers and 39,000 original miles. I just got this email from Gordon.

"Car Details: 259 V-8 (original) engine with 39,000 original miles. Engine runs strong. I have driven the car on 100 mile trips with no issues. 3 Speed standard transmission with working overdrive. Brakes, clutch, lights, wipers, heater, turn signals and radio all work. Garage-kept car since new. Yellow was repainted once - green is original. wide whitewalls, dual exhaust, Studie wire wheels, great chrome and brightwork Interior - very nice !"

The online order link for this 2016 raffle should be up and running within the week. Check the KRC web site for details.

Both vehicles will be on display in Hort Hall at the Studebaker York Swap Meet in three weeks...where the Land Cruiser will be awarded at 2:00pm Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0818.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1746304Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0822.jpg
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1746305Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0823.jpg
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	1746306Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0824.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1746307
    Last edited by rockne10; 02-13-2015, 08:27 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Yes this is one pretty car,55s tend to be just that.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I've always been amazed at the dedication and work of the Keystone folks to present such fine raffle cars year after year. Perhaps I need to sell the unrestored State President in my barn and put all the money in raffle tickets.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

My wife loves this one, gonna buy some tickets for this puppy!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
          I've always been amazed at the dedication and work of the Keystone folks to present such fine raffle cars year after year.
          I cannot sufficiently express, for myself, for our Chapter and for Studebaker lovers at large, how gratified we are that you folks support this annual effort. Your willingness to speculate on acquiring an extraordinarily fine example of a drivable show car for minimal investment has been of huge benefit to the sources and resources we are able to support: National Museum, National Association, ever close to our hearts Wounded Warriors, active troops and veterans. If you have suggestions on worthy causes and recognitions, please share them with any of our KRC members or officers.

THANK YOU ALWAYS !
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Love those 55's Chrome was in back then. 55's were the most interesting vehicles, so many different models and a complete body change mid year. They did out sell 54's maybe Studebaker should have kept the 55s for another year or two (with up grades) instead of going with completely different 56's. Some people don't like 55's but i love em.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

As Raffle car chairman, I would like to add to Brad's comments. It is not due to myself, my able committee, or even the Keystone Region, that this project is a continuing success. It is truly you folks on the forum, and those who purchase tickets throughout the year--both club members and those outside the Studebaker community-- that are the true "success makers". It is thanks to all of you that the club is able to support the people and organizations that Brad mentioned. We have also sponsored two Studebakers at the AACA Museum. My committee and I are only the vehicle through which this project is carried out. Thanks so much to everyone for making this possible. See you at the Studebaker York Swap Meet. Gordon

Comment

Looks like a very nice car. I predict that the tickets will be gone before York again next year.

I hope that you do not list "wire wheels" in your advertising for this. They are wire wheelcovers.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Says wire wheel covers in Flyers and post cards, I forwarded Brad the info we received from the seller prior to purchasing the car last February. Gordon

Comment

What a gorgeous automobile!....I'd be tempted to swap 'The Doctor's Car' for this baby!

Comment

Working...
                    X