R2 package car, rear bushings and rubber needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 package car, rear bushings and rubber needed

Frame and springs are getting blasted. Slowly taking apart the front end. Looking for a set of bushings for all of the "package" options on the rear of this car. 63 R2 Lark w/4 speed. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
    58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

Nothing unique about the bushings on the package cars, and they, and all the sway and traction bars bushings are all available from most of the Studebaker vendors. ( Studebaker International, SASCO, Fairborn Studebaker, ect. )

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54,758.75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    54 Starlight
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Nothing unique about the bushings on the package cars, and they, and all the sway and traction bars bushings are all available from most of the Studebaker vendors. ( Studebaker International, SASCO, Fairborn Studebaker, ect. )

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54,758.75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,439.30
      63 Lark 2 door
      54 Starlight
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

John, the price of those two cars you are doing is going up as fast as the national debt clock in New York. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or will we read about you in Bankrupcy Weekly?

Comment

John, the price of those two cars you are doing is going up as fast as the national debt clock in New York. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel, or will we read about you in Bankrupcy Weekly?

Comment

Caesar should be done with less than a $1000 spent by me, and I'm half way there. Sid is maybe a grand or less away from being done, with maybe 12K spent by me. I just need to get the front end aligned, pay for carpets, and install the new interior.
            Don't let those big numbers confuse you, most of the spending was not my doing. I will admit that Jeff and I "ran the numbers" on Sid, and estimated 4K to finish it and I'm north of 12K at this point and that was for a car that was 80% done. Just remember how far off we were in estimating costs, and we should know what we're doing. I should point out that I'm spending more then any sane person would on Sid, just as the PO was doing.

JDP/Maryland
            63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
            spent to date $54,758.75
            64 R2 GT (Sid)
            spent to date $62,439.30
            63 Lark 2 door
            54 Starlight
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Caesar should be done with less than a $1000 spent by me, and I'm half way there. Sid is maybe a grand or less away from being done, with maybe 12K spent by me. I just need to get the front end aligned, pay for carpets, and install the new interior.
              Don't let those big numbers confuse you, most of the spending was not my doing. I will admit that Jeff and I "ran the numbers" on Sid, and estimated 4K to finish it and I'm north of 12K at this point and that was for a car that was 80% done. Just remember how far off we were in estimating costs, and we should know what we're doing. I should point out that I'm spending more then any sane person would on Sid, just as the PO was doing.

JDP/Maryland
              63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
              spent to date $54,758.75
              64 R2 GT (Sid)
              spent to date $62,439.30
              63 Lark 2 door
              54 Starlight
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland