PDA

View Full Version : 1957 Packard Air Cleaner Bracket available

57pack
02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
I some how wound up with an extra 1957 Packard air cleaner bracket. It's the one which bolts to the valve cover and then to the air cleaner. When I get home I'll look up the part number.
If anybody is in need of this, please let me know. Will make a deal if it's needed for a restoration.
Don't know if the Packard Hawk or Golden Hawk uses the same bracket?
I remember what a PITA it was to find a air cleaner and all the brackets for my Packard when I was searching. Why does the air cleaner disappear with the bumper jack when a car is sitting?:confused:

TWChamp
02-11-2015, 06:20 PM
I some how wound up with an extra 1957 Packard air cleaner bracket. It's the one which bolts to the valve cover and then to the air cleaner. When I get home I'll look up the part number.
If anybody is in need of this, please let me know. Will make a deal if it's needed for a restoration.
Don't know if the Packard Hawk or Golden Hawk uses the same bracket?
I remember what a PITA it was to find a air cleaner and all the brackets for my Packard when I was searching. Why does the air cleaner disappear with the bumper jack when a car is sitting?:confused:

Boy, ain't that the trueth! I wonder who's hording all the air cleaners and bumper jacks?

kurtruk
02-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Air cleaners disappear after a car has been sitting a while. It gets removed and set aside to fiddle with the carb, or spray some quick-starting fluid down the carb. If the car needs more work to stay running it gets left off. Or if the car starts, someone is too excited to replace it at the moment. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

candbstudebakers
02-12-2015, 01:34 AM
I have one on the shelf and it has been chrome plated, they are very hard to come by. PM me if interested

57pack
02-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Hi Bob, I PM'd you.
I did find a air cleaner set in NH. A fellow was parting out a 57 Packard sedan. Just about all he had left was the air cleaner and one bracket. He made me a really good deal on the parts after he found out I was a fellow granite state boy.
The small bracket was missing and Jon Meyer was/is reproducing them.

57pack
02-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Bracket is spoken for!
Glad it'll be used.