Looking for some paint for 63 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some paint for 63 Lark

Can any one please tell me a place to start looking for paint for my Lark. The code is P 6313 Green Mist, I live in south eastern MN and I can not find anyone around here to mix me anything that comes close to the color.

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I found a FLAPS that carried DuPont paint products very helpful with older car and truck paints.
      I don't know what has happened since DuPont sold it's automotive paint division to Axcalta or Excalta or something like that.
      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

If Dupont does not work, try having your Automotive Paint Store check out PPG or RM Brand's color charts and formulas.

This should be no harder than matching a '60's, '70's or '80's GM or Ford color, they do this everyday.

Chris, if you go to your Duplicate post before someone posts on it you will be able to click on "Delete" at the bottom of the page to remove it.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Well, it looks like a good site, but if you type in Yellowknife gold (a 1966 color) and even if you put in the paint code, it indicates it as a 1963 color even thought it is not on their paint chart. Also, it looks as though that is the only year they reference (1963). It might be great paint, but their website is, um, not quite up to the task. It does give pricing, but then again I have to ask if this is REALLY for the color I entered in or something else? I think the only way of getting accurate answers would be by telephone.

Also, if you start at the beginning on their site in CLASSIC, there is no mention of Studebaker or even Packard in the dropdown menu. Wolseley and Simca yes, but Studebaker, no. I don't know who their marketing and website people are, but this is just poor and kind of dumb.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Try this: http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

Comment

If you can remove a small flat part, polish it good and take it to any paint store. They should be able to match it with a small reader that they have and then tint the color to match your part. I do it all the time on repaints where I have no idea what they used for color. Most times it's a pretty good match.

Comment

I mixed this exact color for my 1963 Cruiser. Car now resides in Conn w/ Chip D. Match was dead-on. At shows you'll find several different "best" matches..... go to Ray-Lin's website and look for that code/formula.....

Comment

Working...
                X