Studebaker sightings today on the Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker sightings today on the Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach CA

About 8:30 am PT this morning I was on my way back to LAX to catch a flight home, and I saw two Studebakers as I was heading north on Sepulveda Blvd. / Pacific Coast Highway. The first was in Redondo Beach at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Carnelian St. There was a mildly modified green 1953 C/K coupe parked on the curb outside the "Eat at Joe's" restaurant. It appeared the suspension had been lowered, and it had some type of chrome wheels.

The other was just a few blocks north in Hermosa Beach. There was a 1920's Studebaker inside the showroom at Felder's Auto Body and Sales, 210 Pacific Coast Highway. I didn't get a good look at it due to the reflection off the showroom glass, but I could definitely make out the Studebaker badge at the top of the radiator. Google Maps street view has a picture of it in the showroom, so it's been there for at least a few months.

Do these sound familiar to anyone who lives in the area?

Mark L
    Last edited by Mark L; 02-02-2015, 04:57 PM.
    Mark L

Sorry the Cars are not familiar, but Felder's sure is I went to College with him!
    So he now has a Classic Car Showroom eh, way cool I'll have to stop in there next time I am back in good 'ol sunny, South Bay area of So. Cal.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Stude at Felder's has been in there for years. When I lived in the area I'd pass there & look every time.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
      X