Name:	C&C front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1746232Click image for larger version

Name:	C&C above.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1746233

We all love getting our Stude's out and driving them, part of the ownership often mandates that you are required to educate the rest of mankind on exactly what a Studebaker is, (been there done that). First Sunday of each month, the famed Blackhawk museum in the San Francisco bay area, host Cars and Coffee from 8:00 A.M. until 10:00 A.M. This Sunday there were over 800 vehicles attending, I am proud to say that I had the only Studebaker there and it was well received!
    sigpic

Gene, I get monthly invitations to that and since it is about 2.5 hour drive I haven't made it yet. So now I see you are from North Carolina! So I guess I don't have an excuse any more. Glad you were there to represent and I will put that on my "to do" list for 2015.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I didn't drive from North Carolina Pat so don't feel obligated because of that, I'm actually working in the bay area for a few more months. I was solicited at a gas station by one of the employees from the Blackhawk to bring the Champ. There were "Big Money" cars galore, I think the "Champ" had a constant circle around it most of the morning, it was nice to get the little truck out considering the weather in the rest of the nation!
      sigpic

Comment

That sure looks like my Champ. It is supposed to be on display at the CAM this month...guess I better make sure it is still there?
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Had a little trouble getting it out of the door Lou, we'll bring it back when we are tired---LOL
          sigpic

Comment

Looks good Gene. Kinda sad only one Stude out of 800 though.
            JS
            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Really? No '53 or '54 C or K's with 350 Chev. mouse Motors? UNBELIEVABLE! And in Calif. to boot!

Was there a FLOOD Warning or Earthquake prediction?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That is on my bucket list...
                HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wow,nice turnout. The Champ is looking good. We really have to get our Studes out as often as we can. It's amazing how many folks don't even know what a Studebaker is. Unfortunately, we've had too much snow and ice to deal with. I guess I'll have to wait 'till Spring.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Great way to "spread the Studebaker gospel"!

what part of NC do y'all call home?
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I attended the cars and coffee in Washington DC this fall. OMG there are some expensive cars that show up at these events. A Maclaren, a couple of Ferraris, etc.
                      Bez Auto Alchemy
                      573-318-8948
                      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                        Looks good Gene. Kinda sad only one Stude out of 800 though.
                        JS
                        Sadder still, it that those are better odds than seen on the road. If I meet 800 classics on the road in my Stude, its a lucky day if even one of them is another Stude. Of course the exception is if within 25 miles of a SDC event. Then, they seem to come out of the wood work.

Comment

Gene, I have never even heard about this event, would not be hard for me to be there one day.....Bob
                          Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

Sorry Bob, I thought I had mentioned it when I came over Saturday after installing the aluminum valve covers. It was one of their biggest shows yet and quite organized as well. I was a little surprised there weren't any other Studebakers there, I guess that's what makes our brand so special! I have owned Chevelles, Camaros, Corvettes any a whole s*^tload of every other kind of make. I still don't get the warm and fuzzy from them that I get from A "Stude." Next month I will remind you!
                            sigpic

Comment

I hadn't hear about it either. I'll put it on my calendar!
                              1951 Custom
                              1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
                              1962 Champ
                              1963 Standard R1 4 speed
                              1963 Avanti R1
                              1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                              2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X