'65-'66 Thunderbolt V8 Valve Covers needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '65-'66 Thunderbolt V8 Valve Covers needed

Anybody have a set of the Studebaker valve covers for the 283 V8 they can sell? They are similar to the period Chevy covers but don't have 'Chevrolet' stamped on them. I suspect they are a genuine Studebaker part only: I have looked. I'll pay a good price for a good set. (And yes, I've been through all the aftermarket versions I can find, none are the same.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1965 stude 283.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1746227

Steve

We have some good used ones here is you dont find any closer to home.

Chris.
    STUDEBAKER of AUSTRALIA

Comment

When you find some and repaint them remember that only Early '65'a had the Yellow ones, late '65 and '66's are Black.

I am sure that GM did use these smooth Covers for the Canadian Pontiac the Engine belonged in, and possibly some GMC? Trucks and certainly the Kaiser Jeep Wagoneers with the GM 327 and who knows what else.
      Of course finding some would still be way easier in a Studebaker.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a nice pair of chrome ones that you could attach the Thunderbolt stickers to. Please PM me. Thanks.
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Great! Thanks.

Comment

It's a good tip. Pontiac engines were not the same as Chevrolet in the US, didn't know they were in Canada. 327 Chevy style valve covers are different, with a crease down the center: some Avanti II's may have used those. In the US in '64 all GMC truck engines were big V6's as I recall. And the Wagoneers used AMC 327's, not Chevy. Kind of like the Ford and Studebaker 289's being totally different but the same displacement. There were a lot of different engines out there in '64!

Steve

Comment

Thanks! I may have found some very close to home. Do you have the '63/'64 Daytona R-1 badge for the grille?

Comment

I have a set of yellow ones, with the stickers still on them. They need to be sanded and repainted but I think they are the ones you are looking for. PM me if you want to connect, I can take some pics and send them to you.

Comment

Working...
                X