Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invitation to tour the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, WA on Feb. 22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation to tour the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, WA on Feb. 22, 2015

You are invited to join the North Puget Sound Chapter of the SDC as we tour the Flying Heritage Collection at Paine Field in Everett Washington on Sunday February 22, 2015 at 11:00 AM. Admission for our tour is US $10.00 per person, payable at the door (normally US $14.00 for adults, US $12.00 for current/former military). Children 5 and under are free.

The Flying Heritage Collection is owned by Microsoft Corporation co-founder Paul Allen. Most of the aircraft are maintained in flying condition, and one is selected to perform demonstration flights every other Saturday, weather permitting.

If you would like to join us for the tour, please RSVP with Lou Cote or Al Basile no later than Friday February 20.

For more information about the Flying Heritage Collection and directions to their facility, see their website at: www.flyingheritage.com

After the tour we are planning to have lunch at Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse, 11731 Airport Road, Everett, WA 98204.

When our tour is complete and if you have the time, the Boeing factory tour is available from the nearby Future of Flight Museum. Tours generally start about once per hour, and the last tour departs the Future of Flight at 3:00 PM. The museum prefers you purchase your tickets in advance on-line. Walk-up tickets are available if the particular tour has not sold out on-line. Admission is US $16.00 for adults and US $9.00 for youth. Security and physical restrictions apply, so carefully review the information at their website: www.futureofflight.org
    www.northpugetsoundsdc.com
    Last edited by Mark L; 02-28-2015, 09:22 AM.
    Mark L

Welcome to the office Mark!!!

I hope you do not mind my forwarding this to my editor. He's working on our newsletter right now. I expect it to 'hit the streets' in the next week or so. Hopefully folks who want to go note the RSVP deadline, and give Lou a call. I'm looking into it, but being as I am 1300 miles away right now, odds are pretty slim at this point...
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks, Dave. No, I don't mind. Our editor will be sharing it with the other Seattle/Tacoma area chapters as well.

Let's hope for some great weather on Feb. 22 like we've had the last few days. Don't mean to rub it in to all our friends on the east coast of the US right now, but we've had a few days of spring-like weather the last few days up here in the Pacific Northwest.

Mark L
      Mark L

Comment

Bumping up for visibility.

Mark L
        Mark L

Comment

Bumping up again.

Mark L
          Mark L

Comment

Bumping up one last time. The deadline to RSVP with Lou or Al is Friday, Feb. 20. See post 1 above for their contact information.

The current weather forecast for Everett on Sunday Feb. 22 is sunny with a high temperature of 52 F / 12 C. It may be a great day to get your Studebaker, Packard, or Avanti on the road.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone.

Mark L
            Mark L

Comment

Working...
            X