'60 Lark sold at Mecum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '60 Lark sold at Mecum

'60 Lark Regal 2dr. HT, 259 AT, Oasis Green, fully restored. Said to have been high point car at IM. Sold for $10,500.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

That is just sad that it did not get even close to the restoration cost, more in the $15-20,000.00 area.
    An Automatic Six with no drivability factor, in that condition (assuming near perfect) should be worth the $10,000.00 price. Maybe they should have painted it
    Resale Red!

That does beg the question though, would a '60 Falcon Hardtop (Wait they did not have one yet, did they?) or Corvair Coupe bring any more?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      That is just sad that it did not get even close to the restoration cost, more in the $15-20,000.00 area.
      An Automatic Six with no drivability factor, in that condition (assuming near perfect) should be worth the $10,000.00 price. Maybe they should have painted it
      Resale Red! [COLOR=#0000ff][B]
      As has been discussed many times here, restoration costs does not equate to value/sale price. You can spend $50K on a car that will only be able to draw $10K on the open market.
      Where are you getting your prices from? I can not imagine a six automatic 1960 Lark selling for $10K real US dollars.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Bob A. - I have known that a Mecum auction should be on, but I have not been able to find it on TV the past couple of days. I like the first day when they sell nice cars for $7500-15K. What network is carrying it? When is it on? I have only found the B-J auction on TV and have watched too many hours of that.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Resale Red!

That does beg the question though, would a '60 Falcon Hardtop (Wait they did not have one yet, did they?) or Corvair Coupe bring any more?
          A near perfect '60 Corvair turbo coupe would bring more than $10K.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Bob A. - I have known that a Mecum auction should be on, but I have not been able to find it on TV the past couple of days. I like the first day when they sell nice cars for $7500-15K. What network is carrying it? When is it on? I have only found the B-J auction on TV and have watched too many hours of that.
            Can't find it either but it is being streamed live on the internet. My guess is it will be on TV later in the week. That's generally when it appears. Personally, I'd much rather watch the Mecum Auctions.

Comment

Originally posted by jnormanh View Post
              A near perfect '60 Corvair turbo coupe would bring more than $10K.
              I do not think a Turbo Coupe is applicable to 1960, didn't that happen in '63 or '64?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The first turbo Corvair was the 1962 Spyder, which happens to be my first Corvair, bought used in 1965 for $450. I've always liked Corvairs and Studebakers and have collected several of each make. Too bad they both happen to be a couple of the most underappreciated and undervalued cars out there.

Comment

Nice car with AC. https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm...=FL0115-201787
                  Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

I do not think a Turbo Coupe is applicable to 1960, didn't that happen in '63 or '64?
                    Oops. My error. I took this to mean turbocharged option, however it was just an upgrade of the atmospheric engine.

"An available option on the Corvair introduced in February 1960 was RPO 649, a more powerful engine, the Super Turbo Air."

Comment

Very nice looking car!
                      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          '60 Lark Regal 2dr. HT, 259 AT, Oasis Green, fully restored. Said to have been high point car at IM. Sold for $10,500.
                          I sold my '60 HT in 2008 in similar condition for $11,500, but to a Studebaker guy. Mine was a 259 with 3spped and OD, and with power steering. If this one was really comparable, I'd have quickly paid $10,500.
                          Ron Dame
                          '63 Champ

Comment

Let's face it, our orphans are becoming more so with every year that passes. Their "worth" is essentially among ourselves.

Comment

from what i have seen, the Mecum auction - is in Kissimmee, FL from Jan 16 thru the 25th on NBCSN: https://www.mecum.com/auctions.cfm as well as online.

the BJ auction (Scottsdale, AZ) has been showing on Velocity (high-def only) and Discover at other times.

haven't checked up on the others in the Phoenix area this past week.
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X