Sky Hawk at BJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk at BJ

I saw in one of the mags that a '56 Sky Hawk was going on the block at BJ yesterday. Does anyone know what it sold for?
    peter lee

I just checked their website for the current Scottsdale auction and there are a total of 10 Studebakers, none of them are a Sky Hawk. There are some very interesting vehicles, however, including a 1906 horse drawn wagon. Here is the link:
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

If there was one there I did not see it. I did see a '63 Avanti, a Champ pickup, a 2R pickup, a '62 GT Hawk and a 57 station wagon. You can go on line to B-J web site and the prices cars brought will be listed.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I think it must have been one of the other auction companies. Old Cars weekly always reports on auctions so I guess I'll just have to wait for that.
        peter lee

Comment

The "Sky Hawk" COULD have been the '56 GH Overdrive, that sold for $30,250.00 they do look alike until you zoom in on the Fin. OPPS, that one says Sold 2014, I guess not.

These BJ Auctions are just Crazy! Prices all over the place. I would gladly pay $21,450.00 for a Nice '63 Avanti, Red in & out, 4 Speed R2 that sold at Reno/Tahoe for ONLY $21,450 over a '58 Provincial Std. no O.D. for $31,900 at Scottsdale, or a '58 Transtar 1/2 Ton Baby Blue & White at Palm Beach for $39,600.00, or a Yellow & Green Speedster for $77,000.00

Then there is a nice Canadian Built, White '64 Cruiser Blue Int. that if I remember correctly would not bring the asking on eBay, but was given away at Palm Beach BJ for only $3,300.00, less seller fees is chump change for that Car.

All BJ Cars have to be pretty nice, they do not let the Junk in. But MOST are way too high $, some too low and the actual desirability and driving quality does NOT seem to matter.

I guess I/you have to understand that these spinsters that buy these for these prices are not Studebaker aficionados at all, not even close, just idiots.

Then on top of that, you have the timing of the event, and a bigger one the LOCATION. I would not think there would be the same kind of crowd or number of them at Reno.

UPDATE = after more research.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-16-2015, 03:13 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

there is NO rhyme or reason to the prices at BJ. A hand full of cars sell for less then you could build them but its a crap shoot. Not everything there is nice. 60's ford pu that Gas Monkey garage build on one of their shows. . It was rusty and they clear coated it, (patina ya know) it sold Wednesday for 49k. I was walking by it when the new owner was all smiles thought he really scored something. His money but man that's over prices just because some tv show celebrity built it.

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
            53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
            57 SH (project)
            60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
            X